Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bag/briefcase -what's in style and where to buy?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 3:22 pm
DH is starting college soon and I would like to buy him a nice {thing that holds your stuff} as a sort of "good luck" present. What's in style, what do the men tend to use? Messenger bag? It would be for folders/notebooks and books, some food I guess. Not a computer (for now at least).

And about how much should I expect to spend? Not looking for a fortune. No fancy leather or kipling or whatever. Any suggestions where to buy something nice for a decent price?

bubbebia

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 3:33 pm
Generally I think most people use a back pack. If you want to go that route and want something that will last and hold all kinds of stuff I recommend the LLBean deluxe backpack. My kids all got theirs in grade school and they are still in use. And LLBean will replace one that breaks (they did for DD#1&2). You can have his monogram printed on it for a few bucks extra to make it special. They come in a variety of different styles and colors. Look on their website. They run about $50. My kids use them as overnight bags as well. They never go out of style and they last forever!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 5:48 pm
I was hoping more in the $20 range... where to look? (willing to scout for sales/coupons...)

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 6:35 pm
ebay. I get tons of designer stuff on ebay for very little!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 14 2013, 8:21 pm
I guess that's an idea once I know what I'm looking for more specifically. Does not have to be designer, just nice and professional, useful and functional, decent quality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics