Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
She must have been very thirsty

amother

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 3:49 pm
dd went shopping and practically all she came back with were drinks

seltzer
orange juice
water
vitamin water
iced tea
snapples
bolthouse farms juices

is this a tv show where you open the fridge and take a single sized drink

spent more than should be afforded for starters and it's frustrating because we could have used some food too At wits end

bamamama

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 4:24 pm
lol would she stick to a list if you sent her with one? Can any of it be returned?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 9:35 am
wish it were that simple. she wanted to buy a few things for a picnic but ended up with a ton of drinks - think $60 worth another $50 worth of lots of nothing

a list is only good if she's in the right mood - which is barely ever

Fox

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 9:47 am
I'm not defending your DD, but I do think most of us underestimate the learning curve involved in teaching teenagers how to shop.

I started having my teenagers do the shopping as soon as they were able to drive, and there were some pretty rough patches in the beginning. I discovered that they had no seichel when it came to selecting the most inexpensive brands; realizing when something was priced unrealistically high; or making substitutions when a particular size or variety of a product wasn't available.

The good news is that with a little prompting and a lot of practice, they got much, much better. We hardly ever have disasters now.

The bad news is that I still have four really, really large jars of taco sauce in my pantry. At the time of purchase, my girls confused "taco sauce" and "tomato sauce."

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 12:45 pm
Time to throw a party...tacos and lots of drinks...lol.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 12:51 pm
Fox wrote:
I started having my teenagers do the shopping as soon as they were able to drive, and there were some pretty rough patches in the beginning. I discovered that they had no seichel when it came to selecting the most inexpensive brands; realizing when something was priced unrealistically high; or making substitutions when a particular size or variety of a product wasn't available.

The same could be said about my husband, although he doesn't take well to criticism, so we have no learning curve at all and I just have to be happy that he's willing to occasionally do the grocery shopping at all!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 1:52 pm
I like your choice of thread title; it shows you were able to hold onto your perspective. Good for you!

imasinger

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 2:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I like your choice of thread title; it shows you were able to hold onto your perspective. Good for you!

Liking this isn't enough.

Not that I'm really suggesting this, but what if at the next meal opportunity, you served her a mug of coffee and a bowl of OJ?

Fox

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
Fox wrote:

The same could be said about my husband, although he doesn't take well to criticism, so we have no learning curve at all and I just have to be happy that he's willing to occasionally do the grocery shopping at all!

Well, you're way ahead of me! I gave up on my DH as a shopper long ago!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 3:17 pm
I just did the same thing - lots of drinks ... blame it on the heat ... Twisted Evil

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 6:41 pm
One time, when DD was about 3 years old, we went shopping together. She turns around and looks in the cart, and she sees ice cream, cookies, potato chips, and a bunch of other junk.

She looks and me and says "You forgot your list again, didn't you?"

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

My kiddo is super smart. Queen

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 8:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
One time, when DD was about 3 years old, we went shopping together. She turns around and looks in the cart, and she sees ice cream, cookies, potato chips, and a bunch of other junk.

She looks and me and says "You forgot your list again, didn't you?"

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

My kiddo is super smart. Queen

LOL, she certainly is.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 12:05 am
How about taking her with you when you go shopping, showing her your little tricks.
My father (who did most of the in my home) used to take me along once in a while, especially before chagim. I learned a lot of valuable lessons from these trips and had quality time with my father. Also when he did huge shopping before chagim I was there to push the second cart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics