Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I want a small fluffy animal!
Previous  1  2

persephonefalls

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 2:08 am
Get a cat! I actually got my cat WHILE I was pregnant with my daughter. Not standard timing, I know, but it was the right cat at the wrong time, so I went for it--and it worked out great.

I am grateful for my cat every day. She doesn't demand a ton of attention, but she loves to snuggle with me. Plus, she's super easy to take care of--we can go on vacation for a week and just have a friend come in to change her food/water/litter every couple of days.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 14 2013, 2:18 am
Ashrei wrote:
If I were you: LONG HAIRED CHIHUAHUA

The long haired ones don't shed, and are much more laid back than the short haired wirey counterparts.
Chihuahuas are smart and saucy dogs.
And you can train her to go on a wee wee pad, so you never have to walk her.
In fact, if you buy some bone meal (from any vitamin store) and sprinkle some in her food, her poop will be odorless and easy to dispose of (it's good for them, trust me, look up the BARF diet for dogs).
You can train her to do agility or obedience - I had a chihuahua with a whole repertoire of amazing tricks (beg, roll over, you name it). OR have her certified as a therapy dog. There's so much you can do with the right dog.

Get it from a breeder, not a store. Get a female. And enjoy Smile (and tell me how it goes so I can live vicariously through you)

--oops I'm editing this bc I just saw that DH doesn't want a dog Sad bummer.
Why a female? I thought female animals get their periods and make a mess? We got a male hamster because of this.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets