Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Jewish Press article-"Rabbinical Leaders Issue S.O.S.&q

zkalan

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 6:31 pm
I just read the article in the Jewish Press about how for the first time in the history of Israel rabbinical leaders have issued an S.O.S. call to every Jew outside Israel to save them from the Israeli government actions.
"We must object by raising an outcry, fasting and giving charity. As in all times of difficulty an extra measure of Psalms including Chapters: 20, 83, 103 should be recited daily."
I was thinking that maybe we should set a certain time when everyone here if possible says those psukim at the same time. Any inputs, thought?

Rivka

Post Thu, Mar 10 2005, 5:17 pm
I never heard this, which Rabbi's are saying this? Also why Jews outside of Israel, why not all Jews? I think everytime a new Israeli Govt is elected they should have an SOS and have everyone say extra tehillim and fast.

zkalan

Post Thu, Mar 10 2005, 6:08 pm
Unfortunately, but you are right about that.
These are the names of the Rabbanim: R' Avrohom Yaakov Friedman, the Sadugerer Rebbe, R' Levi Itzchok Horowitz, the Bostoner Rebbe, R' Binyamin Yehoshua Zilber, R' Mordechai Eliyahu, and R' Meir Mazuz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics