Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
Mazel Tov Micki!
Previous  1  2

happy2beme

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 10:45 am
Mazel tov!
beautiful news!

micki

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 10:23 pm
hi every one, thanks for your kind wishes!
B"H we are home and the kids are in love.
the 20 month old loves him and when she saw his belly button she got very worried and said, mommy - ewwwww...

tomorrow I'll post how it went I"H.
but we are doing good B"H !

Younger Me

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 10:33 pm
hey, I'm happy to hear you're doing well BH.

I got your email with the pics, for some reason, couldn't open it...

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 10:37 pm
Mazel tov!! but this baby broke the pattern. u were suppose to have anther girl!!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 11:18 pm
killy the email came to me as an attachment too. is that what you meant?
what you do is you save the attachment to your computer and then you right click and choose open with...open with (whatever your email program is, mine is outlook express) and then when I opened it there was this little box with an x in it and when I hovered on it I got a hand so I clicked there and it opened the link to the photos.

micki

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 5:45 pm
so here it is ladies, hopefully I can get it in before baby wakes up...
my due date was nov 25- I'm that poster who was complaining about 3 weeks of contractions! I was so afraid I'd go over my due date, with my last I was 2 weeks over and had to be induced. I was sure I was never going to go into real labor on my own.
friday we were both zonked hubby and I - and we happened to go to bed really early- I was asleep by 9! so by morning I was so well rested and woke at 8:30 - because I felt this weird cramp. I actually woke up from it, which was pretty amazing cause I never woke up from any contractions befoer! I'm like, na this is nothing. but then 4 min later another pain came. then a third. by then I'm like maybe I have to go to the bathroom.
so I get up sat on the bed, and stood up. and a gush of water came out.
I'm like what is this? so I run to the bathroom and I was wet.
so I called my hubby, and I said I think water broke- he says youve said that a million times before.
so I put on a pad just in case and went back to bed. the cont kept coming, and I tried to sleep.
but I couldn't. so I got up again and woosh another gush. I felt like I was swimming.
my hubby was about to go to shul and I said to him- no I think this is really it- we need to go to the hospital.
so my parents came over, it was about 10 and until we called a cab, and until he got food together we got to the hospital around 11.
meanwhile every cont there is another gush.
they checked me and I was 4 cm.
so it looked like I was definitly staying! I couldn't believe it cause in my mind I was going 2 weeks overdue- and they would have to induce me so how could I possibly actually be doing htis on my own?

they put me on the moniter and the cont were coming but were not really strong.
by 2 they were getting that I needed to breathe thru them, and when checked I was at 6 cm.
so progress and all on my own!

by 4 I asked them to check again, and I was still at 6. so they put in pitocin, just a bit and then I asked for a epidural cause the horrors of pitocin without epidural were still fresh in my head.
I knew I needed to go to the bathroom but I couldn't.
so when at 7 I was still only 7 cm I asked to go to the bathroom. the nurse helped me and I let out quite a bit. they told me that it was a good thing to do cause the bladder acts as a trampoline and didn't let the baby have his head pushing down ont he cervix.
well once emptied things really picked up. the epidural wore off and I was really feeling all the pain. by 7:30 I was 8-9 cm and she said she'll come in again at 8.
well afew min to 8 I started to cry don't ask me why, I was apologizing to everyone.
I also started feeling presure and my mother when she heard that plus saw me cryin went to call a nurse.
she came in checked me- I was fully dialated and ready to push.
it was 7:56 and they got the doc in everyone in and they told me I can push by 8:03.
and push I did.
harder than all my others. as soon as he crowned they saw he was face up. they told me I will have to push as hard as I can because if not then I'll need a c-section. so I pushed as hard as I could with no let up and then the head was out.
I asked to see and they pushed me up and I saw a face! it was fat and looked like my other kids. they suctioned him and then I pushed out the rest of him. I looked at the clock and it was 8:07. B"H he was out ! the pain was gone and it was such a relief!

he weighed 8 lb 14 oz and that was crazy cause I was measuring so small the whole pregnancy! iat my biggest I was 36 cm! so who knows how he fit in.

they said that his being in a sunny side up position and his size, if they had known and if it was my first he would have been a c section.
or I could have been pushing for 3 hours. so b"h I was able to.

the only thorn the only thing that made me sooo upset, was on the way in to the hospital my mother ran into someone from the community. he ran home to tell his wife and at 5:30 she CAME TO VISIT ME!!!! I was 6 cm and in active labor. I was SOOO UPSET. what chutzpa to come visit just to see how things are going?!?!?!??! there was no news of a mazel tov, so what was she thinking of coming for?
I need to get over that because everytime think of it I get upset all over again.

so B"H I didn't tear so recovery wise I'm doing good. I am slowly inflating and hopefully won't have a hard time with nursing issues like I did with the last one.

thanxs for all your mazel tovs!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 6:15 pm
Mazel Tov, Micki! What a great story, after all your worrying! So happy that everything went so well!

Was the lady who visited you a friend or just some random lady from the community? Either way, I agree, it's annoying! Some people just don't think!

Anyway, Mazel Tov on your new son!

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 8:21 pm
Mazel tov micki! Thanks for sharing your story. Smile

cindy324

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:27 pm
WOW, Mazal Tov Micki. lucky you were able to get him out without a C-section. My last baby was also "sunnyside up", I pushed for an hour and a half, to no avail, ended up with a C-section, and I barely even labored, so it was dissapointing. Get a lot of rest and enjoy your little boy.

HealthCoach

Post Tue, Nov 28 2006, 9:35 pm
Mazel Tov!!! I also think you're very lucky. I also had a sunny side up baby that was 8'4 with a huge episiotomy and a ton of tearing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births