Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
The irony

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 9:58 pm
I was in the emergency room this week, following my frightening car accident. As the doctor checked the cuts on my hand to see if there was glass in them, my eyes drifted to his identification card. It read, "Jeffery Seuss, M.D."

"Is your name really Dr. Seuss?" I asked, incredulously.

"Yes," he replied. "Now I better leave quickly before you start making fun of me."

As he turned to leave the room, I asked, "Do you pronaunce it Sooss or Soice? Because Dr. Seuss the author pronounced it soice, rhyming with rejoice."

He said, "I pronounce it Sooss. You know that wasn't his real name, though."

"I know, but that's how he meant it to be pronounced."

"Well," he chuckled, "then he didn't really have the same name as me then. He just spelled his wrong." As the doctor turned and left the room, I couldn't believe how ironic it was that I, Dr. Suess's best adult fan, was treated by a real Dr. Seuss.

Sherri

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 3:36 am
Cute! I didn't know how Dr. Seuss wanted that last name pronounced.

robynm

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:36 am
first of all im sorry about ur accident... but always nice to have some sort of humor inserted in these kinds of events 8)

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:43 am
Another funny tidbit: Ds's doctor saw him running wild around the emergency room while he was under observation. When he finally discharged us, the doctor said, "If he starts to act normal, bring him back to the ER." Very Happy

Mommy F.

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 1:22 pm
He must get so many comments on his name!

JayZsims

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 3:31 pm
Huge Dr. Seuss fan. I know that was not his real name but where did you learn that he wanted his name pronounced "soiss"? I'll have to change my pronounciation whn reading to my kids.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 8:33 pm
It says in the flap on one of his books that he pronounced it to rhyme with rejoice.

cuties' mom

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 9:30 pm
Its okay to pronounce it either way. When he realized how it was being pronounced, he had no problem with it.
http://www.examiner.com/wacky-.....-name
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club