Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
What restriction is hardest for you during the 9 days?

elisecohen

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 12:50 pm
I am going nuts not being able to do needlework. It is so much my daily escape, creative exercise, refuge...I definitely feel the "pain" of not doing it.

But for you is it not listening to music? No fleishigs? Help me get some perspective here.

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 12:54 pm
Not eating meat. The lack of protein is making me feel sick and weak. I know there are other protein sources, but I have a ton of meat already cooked and frozen, and I don't have much time to prepare meals right now, so my nutrition isn't very good.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 12:56 pm
Laundry I hate dirty laundry lying around for more then aday. And yom tov it's hard, but this is torture

Crayon210

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 12:58 pm
Not doing laundry, but it's really silly, because who really wants to do laundry? It's just a yetzer hara, LOL.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 1:01 pm
I love washing drying laundry Exclamation not irioning or folding trust me Twisted Evil I hate to know there are dirty clothes lying around I too amother just hate it . Ansd I don't even have an excuse that we are running out of clothes yet embarrassed

red sea

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 1:04 pm
doing the laundry & music

anon

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 1:10 pm
Not listening to music. It drives me crazy, particularly when I'm driving.

Although really that doesn't apply specifically to the 9 days....it's been going on for weeks!

tweety99

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 1:35 pm
not being able to listen to music is very hard! also the fact that I cant do laundry, im runnin out of clean clothes!!!!

didan

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 2:18 pm
B"H

Laundry and music. Not necessarily in that order:)

Music always uplifts the spirits of everyone and keeps a happy atmosphere. Not that things are depressing around here without it, but music definitely is a positive attribute.

Laundry because I don't like when dirty laundry accumulates. I actually organized everything before the 9 days started and I have enough clothing for all the kids to get by so I don't think I'll be doing an emergency load.

tziviakayla

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 2:49 pm
Not being able to eat meat is always the most difficult part. I'm lactose intolerant, so I run out of meal ideas for myself. Other than Shabbos, we only have meat 2-3 times a week, but I really miss having the extra protein. I'm also up at night with a newborn and meat at dinner really fills me up so I don't nosh during the night!

Not doing laundry is the easiest thing, however! Especially with a big front-loader all the laundry will be done by Sunday night! (I've actually been able to put away the laundry that just sits in baskets waiting to be worn or eventually put away!)

cutiemom

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 3:05 pm
nicole and pony - I'm with you. I like eating meat and my husband and I are lactose intolerant so we eat a lot of fleishigs. Actually my husband just found out that his cholesterol is too high so we are eating a lot more pasta and chicken than meat nowadays - this year is actually the easiest of our "9 days" together because we eat a lot more pasta.

For me it's a little hard because I'm like you and need my protein to give me energy so I am eating fish sticks, salmon, scrambled eggs, beans and lots of veggies. Good luck, we are almost thru it! Maybe you guys should try minestrone soup for before the fast - it's filling and carbs and protein. PM me if you want.

ny21

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 3:08 pm
The twins dont swim

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 3:23 pm
me-I am totally off the wall without that daily glass of wine..

lol, just kidding. I don't drink! I just had to add it to the list.

I miss music, and the laundry piles are getting on my nerves.
But Most of all, I have a hard time with not being able to go on outings, swim in the ocean and enjoy physical pursuits.. I know some of them are ok, but I am always kind of hesitant during the 9 days to go anywhere that has even a drop of sakana involved..especially since I have my little girl with me all the time, so I try to be xtra careful.

Looking forward to being in Jerusalem this tisha b'av..amen...

avigayil

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 3:30 pm
I always seem to be doing laundry. After Tisha B'Av, I doubt I'll see the break of day for awhile.

I miss music too. Meat isn't a problem. We had a siyum last night for our community kollel, and so we had a flieshigs barbaque.

micki

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 3:40 pm
that we can't go swimming! and we are having 90 degree saunny weather every day!

ny21

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 3:40 pm
I am going to take the liberty to try to translate some words
people on Imamother may not know .
Sakana means Danger.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 4:03 pm
thanks, momoftwins. Smile

ny21

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 4:05 pm
I hope others will follow my example.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 4:17 pm
The laundry! not everyone here has enough clothes. One daughter went to camp and took most of her older sister's clothes shock . we only realized this later.

While she was packing I was admiring the fact that she was doing it herself and managing without my help. Rolling Eyes

gryp

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 4:20 pm
SaraYehudis Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days