Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Vacation needed in Israel

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 4:28 am
Looking for a hotel in the dead sea. Anyone know of how do I go about it. I want a nice hotel but not pay the full price they are asking in the hotel itself. I know that there is a way to get a discount but don't know how to go about it.

We want to go in august after tisha b'av.

And what about for my kids need to do something for them. They want to go on a train so badly that we thought just to take them on a train to where ever we will be taking them but to were? What is there to do with kids? They also don't stop asking me to go on a boat. My kids are from five-ten months old.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 4:38 am
For the train ride:

Tel-Aviv University station is right next to an enormous park, (sorry I've forgotten the name.) There are loads of amazing activities for kids there like really special climbing frames, slides etc etc made of wood. Also a boating lake I think.
If you want to pay (a lot) there is the Zafari (bird world and rides), but I've never been there.

Haifa (check which station) - you can take the Carmelit (Israel's only underground train - an exciting experience in itself) straight from there (maybe 5 minutes walk between train and Carmelit) to Gan Ha'em. It's a beautiful park (free) and there's a very nice zoo there (pay)

What a great idea. Kids love the train!

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:53 am
Thanks we are trying to stay away from telaviv and chaifa at this time since all those kassams are being aimed towards that way.

Maybe ramat bet shemesh has something? Or I have no idea since I don't know israel that well.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:58 am
supermom wrote:
Thanks we are trying to stay away from telaviv and chaifa at this time since all those kassams are being aimed towards that way.

Maybe ramat bet shemesh has something? Or I have no idea since I don't know israel that well.

ramat beit shemesh does not have any of those things.

the train does not even stop there. it has a stop in beit shemesh.

if you are looking for ramat beit shemesh for anything, you can ask, I can tell, if I know. I live there:)

but most hotels are in big cities and well, that is the way that the cookie crumbles.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:07 am
I'm also in Ramat Beit Shemesh.

There's not Too much to do around here.

We do have some really nice parks for the kids though!

And, our Shopping Center is really growing.
It has a couple of great places you can grab a bite to eat:
Pizza, Schwarma, Falafel, Bistro (Baguets, bagles, Ice-Cream, Frozen Yogurts etc..)
A bakery
Shoe Stores
Toy Stores
A Great Health food store
Gift Shops
Clothing Stores (for the whole family)
Big Deal
Fish store
Hardware store
Book Store
Dry cleaners
Flower shop
Banks
and - 2 HUGE supermarkets!!!

Enough to keep you busy for the afternoon!!!

BTW, we're not near the train station, you would have to take either a Taxi or the #14 bus.

Near the Beit Shemesh Train Station, there is the BIG shopping center.
Not everything there is Mehadrin though.

If you end up coming, let us know, and we'll waive to you at the park!!!

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:29 am
Ooops I meant bet shemesh. I know the train stops there but was wondering if there is anything that I can take my kids to there something fun. Talking about ramat bet shemesh I suppose there is maybe something there?!?!?

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:30 am
amother wrote:
but most hotels are in big cities and well, that is the way that the cookie crumbles.

For my husband and I we thought to go to the dead sea for a little vacation. But my kids outing is different.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:47 am
supermom wrote:

I don't think so. The kassamim are in the south, nowhere near TA. And, be'ezras Hashem, the katushot won't get near Haifa.

You can bet that if the kassamim had landed anywhere near TA the government might have actually taken action (but that's not for this thread)

shoy18

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:07 pm
go onto any of the travel website, orbitz, expedia, travelocity... type in dead sea, israel and when you want to go!

mali

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 4:23 am
mummyof6 wrote:
supermom wrote:

I don't think so. The kassamim are in the south, nowhere near TA. And, be'ezras Hashem, the katushot won't get near Haifa.

You can bet that if the kassamim had landed anywhere near TA the government might have actually taken action (but that's not for this thread)
hehe, katyushot fell on haifa last night. and if syria ch"v joins the party, then the entire israel is war zone. chas vesholom!

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 1:29 pm
Ben Hazmanim is around the corner. For all you Israeli's out there is there a hotel like they had last year especially opened for charadi's in the Dead Sea know if it is opening this year and where?

MOM222

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 10:17 pm
I think it is called Royal.

Why don't you try calling Chen Travel ( Chen Ti'arut V'nofesh). They always have great offers.

supermom

Post Sat, Jul 29 2006, 4:31 pm
Thanks we booked for the royal in the dead sea and looking foward to a nice peaceful vacation just my husband and I. Thanks again.

And for my kids we are thinking of going in the first week of the ben hazmanim to the monkey park.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions