Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Unlucky woman

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 1:50 pm
what happened here is my WORST nightmare. I am pretty sure I know which bridge this is and every time I would walk on it, I would be nervous that it would open up. I would always tell myself not to be silly, the guy can see if there are people on the bridge. once I was walking on it fri night and suddenly the signals started that it was about to open. I cant tell you how fast I ran off that bridge, but it was like I panicked. I see now I didnt worry for nothing....

Right Drawbridge, Wrong Time

HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 79-year-old woman suffered only bruises after a drawbridge opened beneath her as she walked across it, leaving her dangling from the structure.

Helen Koton said she did not hear any warning signals before the bridge began to open with her nearly halfway across. She said she was able to grab the railing.

"I was holding onto the railing, and I went up in the air," Koton later told Miami television station WSVN.

As the bridge rose to its full height, motorists got out of their cars and told the bridge attendant, who lowered the span after several minutes.

"Finally, I came down. When I came down, I fell on my face, so I bruised my forehead and my nose," she told the station.

Koton, a winter resident of the area, also lives in Brookline, Mass.

Brian Scott, the bridge tender's supervisor, said the incident is under investigation. He declined to comment further.

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 1:52 pm
Quote:
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 79-year-old woman suffered only bruises after a drawbridge opened beneath her as she walked across it, leaving her dangling from the structure

Sends shudders down my spine shock

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 2:02 pm
oh wow!! that is frightening

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 2:04 pm
notice how they write:
Quote:
suffered only bruises

"only bruises?"

micki

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 2:11 pm
wow- we had a huge conversation about it while we were there- thats where we were in fl. -hollywood and drove up that bridge countless f times!
the kids saw it happen and wanted to know how do they know no one is on it!
thts so scary. maybe she didn't hear the alarms?

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 2:19 pm
micki- I also know that bridge well. I stayed around the corner from it for a summer. it is a big bridge! it takes a while to get off it...

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 03 2005, 2:25 pm
Plus how fast can a 79yr old walk!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics