Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Amazing Honda commercial

Motek

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 8:30 pm
put on the sound and watch this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.co.....a.php

I actually saw this maybe a year ago, but the person who e-mailed it to me this week added this very interesting information (most of it confirmed on snopes.com):

Quote:
If you watch this I know you will agree This is AMAZING.....
There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.

The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting.

The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.

In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough money to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.

However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history.

Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs.

There are six and only six hand-made Honda Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) is parts from those two cars. The voiceover is Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten.

They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.

Oh. and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial.

Mommy912

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 8:47 pm
This is so cool!

Secbeb

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 8:48 pm
wow! Surprised seems unreal. .

mali

Post Tue, Jun 13 2006, 8:51 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
This is so cool!
let's see them do it to a porsche Wink

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 12:57 am
I didn't think it was to interesting. Maybe cause I am not into these things.

Last edited by supermom on Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

willow

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 3:23 am
they have similar movies like this at science museums. I think it is neat.

queen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 8:03 am
I thought it was a bit long/slow moving.... and am thinking to myself- I wonder how many dozens of clips they've melded together for this outcome.

BUT TO NOW HEAR- IT WAS ALL AUTHENTIC- ?!?!?!? WOW oh WOW!

sunflower mom

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:17 pm
I showed it to my DH, he loved it. Thanks!!!! Very Happy

chen

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 6:20 pm
rube goldberg lives--but, like queen, I felt the ad was way too long and way too slow.

don't expect me to run out and buy a honda. I stopped paying attention to advertising after Clearasil didn't cure my acne.

queen

Post Thu, Jun 15 2006, 8:27 am
who's ruth goldberg?

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 15 2006, 10:07 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg

shayna82

Post Thu, Jun 15 2006, 7:08 pm
supermom wrote:
I didn't think it was to interesting. Maybe cause I am not into these things.

its just mechanics

I think its really interesting, and I love this type of intellectual video.. motek thanks for posting it

jewgal84

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 10:40 am
Wow, I thought that was extremely amazing, I couldnt wait to see what happened towards the end of it.

Definately something we can learn from: "If every part works it makes it a whole".

Let us take a lesson to our life and realize that everything we do DOES COUNT!!!

One deed of your goodness and kindness can be the one to tip the scale and bring ne'Now!!!

bonzie

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:11 am
It really is amazing, to know that it is genuine. Like I almost don't believe it even tho I read the article! go honda!

Blossom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 2:08 pm
I thought it was absolutely amazing. Sent the link to my husband who will most likely love it!!
Jewgal that's a beautiful lesson to take out from this clip.
A similar lesson would be that each and every person is important, Each one serves a purpose even if it seems small or unimportant. But obviously it is, because for the big picture you need all the 'little' stuff done.

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 2:16 pm
[quote="shayna82"][quote="supermom"]I didn't think it was to interesting. Maybe cause I am not into these things.[/quote]

its just mechanics

I think its really interesting, and I love this type of intellectual video.. motek thanks for posting it[/quote]

My husband loves to take things apart he loves to do things with his hands but also thought it was too slow. Maybe it wasn't meant for israeli's? 8)

mali

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 2:22 pm
after watching it several times, I've come to a conclusion that it's not real, and the whole article is just made up to make the thing attracive.
how can a wheel continue ascending after it has come in contact with an object?
why do the wipers stop when the video moves on?
how about the sound - some of it stops when, rationally, it should be continuing?
what causes the window to open? and it looks like one plank that piece is rolling on - how can the window be there altogether?
some objects are too light to move the heavier ones.
whatever - I think the whole thing is one very creative, amazing, professional, piece of shtus.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links