Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Ripped tights
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 23 2005, 1:08 am
Well we don't hang out in pj's here in my home once we're up we're dressed 1/2hr later or so!
However what about a housecoat, robe that zips up that can eigther be put on top or instead of the ones that button or tye.You can buy Cutsy and shabbosdik ones.

hisorerus

Post Sun, Jan 23 2005, 2:42 am
I'm very glad my mother didn't let us wear pants. It's a sensitivity thing: If you're not comfortable in pants and short sleeves, you won't be tempted to pull your sleeves up too high, to pick up your skirt when you're wading, or to walk around the house in front of male siblings or relatives in less-than-Tznius clothing.

Not that it's Halachically wrong (you may want to ask your Rov, because some hold that pants ARE problematic), but Tznius is the spirit of the law, not just the letter.

If you start wearing nightgowns at age 3, you most probably WON'T feel resentful, and I think that the feeling of Tznius gained by ALWAYS being Tznius, makes me and my sisters far less vulnerable to the serious infractions.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 23 2005, 4:44 pm
Hisorerus love username Wink

I see your point but what do I do with my kids who are b"h quite athletic and love to do headstands and cart wheels etc and my daughter caught on too. Just sent my nerves flying when she did a split .

I don't want to limit her coz she's in a nightgown tznius and all. Whereas in pj's there's no prob!

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Jan 23 2005, 9:01 pm
nightgouns go up easily and roll up during sleep, and the best solution I heard was to ware pj's and to use a slip when need to come out of your room - still comfy & tznius

lucy

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 12:13 am
Today was my daughter's b-day B.H. she turned 3!!!!
This past summer I was constantly thinking in just a couple of months she'll be dressing tzniusdik, so chapped arain and pants pants and more pants! One thing that I used to think (which always shows never say never) was how could someone wear tights in the shmoiling heat of summer? Yet for certain reasons I ended up having to wear tights myself this summer and it wasn't that bad. Also I looked at my other friends daughters who wanted to do their flips etc. and ( not that tights make u tznius) how those looked wearing socks as opposed to those wearing tights were a huge difference.
Look we have to realize that when a child is 3 they are still so young that basically whatever you introduce to them they for th e most part just take it. So at least with tights their legs are coverred & they can do their cartwheels without the whole world knowing what colour is the underwear!

lucy

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 12:16 am
nightgouns go up easily and roll up during sleep

True but they are covered by the blanket & who is really seeing them in their rooms at night while their sleeping?
I'm not saying if nobody sees you u don't have to be tznius but in the middle of the night in your own room noone should be walking in that can't see you (parents)?!

Anny

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 12:50 pm
many people throw their covers off in sleep.

my kids sleep on top of their blankets!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 10:10 pm
okay so if being tznius while you sleep = sleeping with pants then what is wrong with wearing pants while your awake? Wink

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 10:17 pm
men cannot make a bracha if you're waring pants
so some 'cover up' like a slip or a robe is needed

amother

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 10:35 pm
Well for that matter why would a man be saying a bracha in you room at night lights closed while your sleeping?! LOL
I'm not making fun Foreveryoung, I just don't see the point in wearing pj pants when a girl is @ 5 or 6 yrs.

lucy

Post Mon, Jan 24 2005, 11:09 pm
Okay everyone I started a poll on this topic, sorry I don't know if I did it properly I wanted to continue it here but I couldn't. So we shall see how it turns out! Please give in your responses. Thanks Very Happy

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Jan 27 2005, 10:07 pm
Amother,

1. girls do go out of their rooms to the bathroom or to get a drink.

2. some kids like to keep thier b-room door opened

3. if you wake up on top of your blanket w/ nightgown arouund your neck, will you feel very tznius?

4. slip/ robe are only for when need to leave the room for something.

5. this is what works for us

6. http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....343cb
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers