Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Children on Shavuos

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 6:00 pm
Does anyone have any practical suggestions as to how to structure the (very long) day for children.

My dh comes back after vasikin and we eat breakfast about 7.30 - 8 a.m. till maybe 9. I have to get up early to daven and get the table set before he comes back, so I am also tired. I have to keep the children quiet, so that dh can rest. We eat again about 1-2 but there's still a long afternoon, and dh wants to learn, once he's caught up on his sleep. The children are up late in the evening, so tend to get up at different times a.m., which means a long stretch in the morning of kiddush, serving breakfast etc. The truth is that it's easier now my older ones are older, but I'd still appreciate any amazing ideas.

amother

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 6:06 pm
Have them make a play about matan torah. The older ones can direct the younger ones which parts they will play. Doesnt have to be anyhting fancy like one could be har sinai, one could be the another mountain (or religion) that "rejected" the torah. Didn't we all do this nursery school And have them practise and practise all afternoon - quietly. And then perform later in the day.

Motek

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 6:22 pm
the ages of the children would be useful to know

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 6:24 pm
Motek wrote:
the ages of the children would be useful to know

12, 10.5, 8.5, 6.5, 4, 1.5
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics