Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Need recipes ideas asap

Flowerchild

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 10:40 pm
I need to feed my husband lunch, he needs to eat and I am completely clueless as to what to make. I need refreshing and new ideas, that are easy, simple and nutricious to make and that a man would like. I really need help in this area, highly appreciate it.

MOM222

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 10:48 pm
Can it be hot?
Does he take it in the morning?

Flowerchild

Post Tue, May 23 2006, 10:54 pm
sometimes it can be hot yes, but its better if it can be eaten without heating it up

ERN

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 12:26 am
Try big salads with strips of chicken cut up into it. That is very healthy and could be eaten cold. Tuna salad with veggies. Big sandwhiches with lettuce, tomatoes, swiss cheese etc. three bean salad. all different types of salads. you can make whole wheat pasta with minced garlic, salt pepper and olive oil as sauce. that could be eaten cold, although better if its warm. good luck

mumsy23

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 12:45 am
Try a whole wheat wrap: Spread any dressing on it (ranch, ceasar, russian) and top it off with Lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, mushrooms, avacado and grated cheese OR any combo that he may like.

yoyosma

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 1:35 am
You could always make extra salmon for dinner and serve it cold, it doesnt need to be heated. If you make rice or couscous, that can be added.
Greek salad, blanched green beans, spring salad stuffed in pita, shnitzel, deli sandwiches, pasta salad (and there are TONS of those you can serve cold). If he is into cold soup, many butternut squash soup recipes are served cold, and some guys like gaspacho.
If he doesnt mind meatloaf cold, do that too. Egg salad, potato salad, garlic bread and buy a sandwich maker!

Chanie

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 2:01 pm
you can keep anything warm in a thermos. I know of someone who takes hotdogs. They put it in the thermos while still hot and take the buns separately.
I send hot soup when I take the time to warm up the leftovers from supper.
Most leftovers my dh eats cold. And you know, what, it really doesn't taste bad (chicken, spaghetti and meat sauce, even pizza......)
Truthfully, most days it's sandwiches. Avocado, tuna, left over shabbos spreads, etc.

BlumaG

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 2:15 pm
egg sandwhichs or egg salad with crackers
tuna snadwiches or tuna salad with crackers
pancakes with jelly or syrup in aseperate cup
bean burritos
tradition soup, boiled water is pretty easy to find or take in a thermos
this is wat DH likes for lunch

Flowerchild

Post Wed, May 24 2006, 2:39 pm
oh great, these are good ideas, I am defenetly trying these out. and the thermos idea is great, I gotta get one. thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics