Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
What do I need to buy before I give birth

cnaanr

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 7:28 pm
currently 32 weeks pregnant with twins, what do I need to buy beforhand? what is best place for them to sleep in the begining? do they both fit in cradle or do I need regular size crib right away.

jba

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 7:38 pm
B'sha Tova. I don't know from your quesiton wether or not you have older children. I always suggest to soon-to-be-new moms to buy nursing bras. It's very helpful in the hospital and the days after and the last thing you will have time to go out an get when the baby(ies) are here.
I didn't have twins myself but my sil did recently and she had them sleep together, swaddled in the same bassinet. I am pretty sure you can do that for a while. I have even seen people with large single bassinet strollers do the same thing for taking them out.
Good luck and an easy birth.

sim

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 9:30 pm
one pack and play will do for right away. car seats. lots of onesie undershirts. nursing bra and nursing pillow for twins. bottles if you either don't nurse or can't nurse right away (sometimes it's hard after a C-section), you can arrange to rent a pump if you don't want to buy one, or the hospital might lend you one. spit-up cloths, diapers in the tiniest size, a couple of outfits to start with (you're not going anywhere important too soon anyway). most important, make sure you know who will be there to help you when you come home -- a hired nurse, night nurse, family member, etc. I wish you a fast and easy birth, and mazal and bracha. You and the babies should be well and healthy.

Sleep

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 9:45 pm
Two infant carseats-and the baby trend-double snap-n-go-LIFESAVER!!!

Nuts

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 9:52 pm
Make sure to have a good camera in order to capture those precious moments!

myfriends715

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 10:00 pm
I have a double snap n go. will sell it really cheap pm me if interested. also a barely used double mountain buggy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more