Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Macy's agrees to halt racial profiling

AweSumThenSum

Post Fri, Jan 14 2005, 11:34 am
I heard on the radio this am that macy's agreed to alter its shoplifting inspection routine because elliot spitzer (ny's attorney general) has found macy's guilty of racial profiling, in that the majority of macy's customers who were questioned for shoplifting were black or latino.
my question, an di had this question when there was the scandal in nj about highway cops accused of racial profiling by stopping a majority of black motorists, is this: statistics show that the majority of shoplifters and criminals are either black or hispanic. while I agree that not every black and hispanic person is suspect just on the basis of race alone, wouldnt u agree that if a person of that ethnicity is acting in a way that raises the suspicion of a trained professional, that the person ought to be stopped and questioned????????? it stands to reason that if the majority of criminals are of a certain race, then automatically the majority of suspects will be of that same race!!! COMMON SENSE AINT SO COMMON AFTER ALL!!!

Tefila

Post Fri, Jan 14 2005, 12:30 pm
Quote:
COMMON SENSE AINT SO COMMON AFTER ALL!!!

Total agreement there as I said b/4 some of these intelligent people get paid to say the most stupidest things.
But unfortunatley those of us that would like to say something smart will in a democratic society just get shunned.
In otherwords Awesome soon the innocent will be proven guilty by hook or crook and the guilty as we see it now will be let off, just so we should protect ourselves from racial profiling.
Mixed up society that we are stuck in Rolling Eyes And we are supposed to be more advanced Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tefila on Sat, Jan 15 2005, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

zuncompany

Post Fri, Jan 14 2005, 12:43 pm
same with us airports... if they had a lot less of the terrorists would have gotten through.

sara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics