Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Video of Bobover Rebbe dancing ''Mitzvah Tanz''
Previous  1  2  3

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 10:56 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
actually it was after she danced with her chosson and it seemed like a really long dance.
yeah if youre the emotional type you'll tend to be emotional after the chosson kallah tantz too.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
is it tznius?

Unlike in Poilisher/Chagas Chassidic circles, in Chabad, the mitzvah tantz is considered completely inappropriate.

mir11

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 12:02 am
Quote:
That was really nice and inspiring, so many chassidim too, it almost looks like a rally! Is there always a big crowd?

at rebbeshe chasunas there is always a very big crowd, all the chassidim.. at other weddings its usually just the close family that stays for mitzva tantz (grandparents, uncles, aunts, siblings, cousins...)

Where are the woman? they are either on one side of the shul and are not included in the video or they are upstairs in the womens section (this video is taken in bobov shul in b.p.)

(I
Quote:
heared in some of your circles, ppl forbid to take any videos or pictures, can you clarify that?

there are some rebbes that forbid they're chassidim from taking pics of them. dont know the exact reason. I know that in viznitz the rebbe said that if any one makes chasunah w/o a photographer then he'll come dance mitzva tantz!

Quote:
(I only see her hair being veiled, is her face as well?)

in bobov (and by any not rebbeshe wedding) the face is usually uncovered there are some rebbeshe pple that do have the kallah wear a thin (see through) veil at the mitzv atantz

Quote:

Does everyone merit to dance with your Rebbe?

most rebbes do not go to every chassids wedding/mitzva tantz, only to the real close ones.
this wedding was from a chassid that is a ger tzedek and the rebbe married him off.

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:44 pm
thanks for the clarifications! though the chassan/kallah I saw weren't too serious (they were smiling and gazing into each other's eyes). they're not full-fledged chasidim, though.

queen

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 3:45 pm
613 wrote:
thanks for the clarifications! though the chassan/kallah I saw weren't too serious (they were smiling and gazing into each other's eyes). they're not full-fledged chasidim, though.

613- chassidish people have a different relationship before they get married, but I'd BE MORTIFIED were I to have had to have a mitzva tantz!!!!!!!!! To me being with my husband is private, I'd be sooooo embarrassed!!!!! embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

jewgal84

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 3:59 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
amother wrote:
is it tznius?

Unlike in Poilisher/Chagas Chassidic circles, in Chabad, the mitzvah tantz is considered completely inappropriate.

My father danced with me at home the night b4 our wedding, bc he said it wasnt tzanua to dance together in public.

Crayon210

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 5:50 pm
That's so nice! :-)

happy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 12:07 am
too bad the video didn't show the end where the chassan and kallah "dance" together. I would have liked to see that.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 8:44 am
they wouldnt put somethin like that up on the internet Smile.

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 2:29 pm
queen wrote:
613- chassidish people have a different relationship before they get married, but I'd BE MORTIFIED were I to have had to have a mitzva tantz!!!!!!!!! To me being with my husband is private, I'd be sooooo embarrassed!!!!! embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

same here, queen!

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 2:39 pm
It was said before, but just to clarify only,only close family members stay for mitzvah tanz.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 3:22 pm
I stayed for a co worker's sister, since I had never seen it before.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 1:16 am
beautiful! I can't believe it's up on the internet!

btw, most Rebbeshe Chasunos do not allow bachurim to stay for mitzva tantz--just married men.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:51 pm
I think I'll share with you this beautiful picture of the Satmar Rebbe dancng mitzvah tantz at a grandchild's wedding. THe kallah isnt in the picture but youc an sense the holiness of themoment.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi.....g.JPG

amother

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 1:31 am
I think the mitzva tanz is "SPECIAL". For someone like me, who is brought up knowing that I'll have a mitzva tanz it is totally not embarrassing, on the contrary it's something to look forward too. We are told that it's a Eis Ratzon and that it is a very holy moment.
The Rebbish mitzva Tanz are not the typical mitzva tanz by regular wedding. Usually only very close family members stay. The kallah dances with a rope with her uncles, brothers, BIL, etc. It is so special. Then after each mitzva Tanz (This minhag is optional)she goes over to the women of the men she just danced with and gives mazel tov and a kiss to each of them and they all give her brochos. It is so nice.
I felt special dancing with my grandfather (without gartel) it is such a special moment. Then I danced with my father (without gartel). It was a rare moment, so holy and so emotional. I then hugged and kissed my mother and we cried of emotion, joy and simcha. I did the same with my MIL. Then comes the Chosson Kallah dance. It is supposed to be the holiest moment and we then have in mind all the tefillos and yeshuas Klal Yisroel needs. We are specifically reminded to ask for the Geulah. Who has time to even think of being embarrassed when you have a rare oppertunity to ask for the ultimate yeshua for Hashem and Klal yisroel.
You want to make sure to utilize this (hopefully) once in a life time moment.
Bottom line, when you are brought up with something you look at it totally different than someone who is new to it.

jewgal84

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:02 pm
Quote:
We are specifically reminded to ask for the Geulah. Who has time to even think of being embarrassed when you have a rare oppertunity to ask for the ultimate yeshua for Hashem and Klal yisroel.

Wow! I guess putting it that way certainly makes it a unique experiance.

BTW (don't know if it was mentioned b4) But in brief; What is the inyan of the Mitzvah Tanz?
I'm not talking about kalla-chosson, kalla-father, rather kalla-Rebbe, or kalla-brother (esp. bil <-- tznius!!?)

amother

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 12:03 pm
One of my more modern cousins 'wanted' a Mitzva tanz. She had seen it at our families chaseedishe weddings and liked it. It was the weirdest mitzva tanz I had ever seen. The choson [and most of his family] had never seen one in their life.

ektsm

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 12:21 pm
I would love to see one.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links