Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
For nursing two: Glider, recliner or loveseat?

hinda

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:33 pm
If Im hoping to nurse, and hoping to at least sometimes nurse two at once,what is the best seating? I imagine a regular glider is out,but do I need a love seat or should I buy a recliner? I have to make a purchase as the only thing we have is an old beat up couch and a glider.Just not sure which is more comfy for nursing-any thoughts or voices of experience to share?

4c

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:19 am
I found a couch or bed to be fine, with an extra pillow propped under each baby.

bnm

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:42 am
couch or bed, if your getting something new, a loveseat will do but you will be using the whole thing.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 9:23 am
couch or bed- or large laz-boy type chair. I didnt find a glider was big enough for all 3 of us Smile

smiley10000

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 1:43 pm
I actually found my glider worked okay for the first 4-5 months or so once I got the hang of nursing two at once.

You can hold them in either a v-hold or cradle/football combo as long as you use pillows to cover the arms of the chair.

(the following link has a few pictures of tandem nursing that may help you get an idea of what will be most comfortable for you [url=http://www.karengromada.com/karengromada/photos/index.htm]Mothering Multiples[/url WARNING!!! The pictures are NOT tzanua--they are of NURSING MOTHERS!]

once they were bigger, the only way I could nurse them together was on the loveseat with a ton of pillows...

Good luck!

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 10:45 am
I would suggest a twins nursing pillow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more