Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Oops...sched DDs drs appt for tisha b'av

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 9:33 am
DD wad born w a slight heart murmur (not worrisome) and I needed to make a appt for 1 month after birth w/ pediatric cardiologist. well back when I was 1 wk postpartum, I called them up and set up the appt, not realizing that it was on tisha b'av

there is no way I can get another appt soon if I reschedule, so I guess ill have to go to that one....oops.

sorry for no caps, typing 1 handed.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:11 am
I did the same thing, but realized a few weeks ago and was B"H able to reschedule for the day before. A very inconvenient time but better than 9 AM Tisha B'av.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:51 am
Hope all goes well!

drumjj

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:55 am
ive had appointments when its the only time I could get. good luck I hope it goes well and u hear good news.

grin

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 10:58 am
drumjj wrote:
ive had appointments when its the only time I could get. good luck I hope it goes well and u hear good news.
Thumbs Up

it is only a check-up, after all - maybe inconvenient, but it's not like you're having some procedure performed at this inauspicious time.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:22 am
For me, I know when I was pregnant/postpartum and had low blood sugar (blood pressure?) I almost fainted a few times in the doctor's office between sitting down with baby, standing to calm, sitting, standing, too much going on. And that's with eating beforehand!
Even without being predisposed this time around, fasting itself lowers my blood sugar, I'd have 3 kids with me, and for me it would be outright dangerous trying to put such a toll on my body when fasting.
That's my story. Hopefully no one else is like me in that regard!

mandksima

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:23 am
I need a prescription refilled and need the doctor to rewrite it so I have an 8:30 AM Thurs appt. I can't wait as we are almost out of the medicine and I couldn't get the appt before. If I had a choice, I would have chosen a better day but I don't think there is a problem doing a necessary errand. Someone please give me a source if there is.

grin

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:39 pm
it's preferable to wait until after chatzos to do work-related duties, but I don't think having a prescription filled is in that category.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 1:30 pm
Mandkisima, as was mentioned, the big concern is to have some sort of procedure done during this time, not auspicious for something that can be rescheduled. Considering the time table you're dealing with - this baby should be monitored at a month, not 6 or 7 weeks or when you can get in again - you shouldn't have cause for concern. But as was also mentioned, are you up to this? Do you have anyone you can go with you, or a rav's number to call if you don't feel well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days