Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How young/small a baby can go in the City Mini?

Toot

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 10:57 am
My baby is 2 1/2 months and very small -- is she big/old enough to go in the City Mini? She's been in the bassinet until now, but it's so bulky to shlep up and down stairs. Thanks!

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 12:00 pm
That age should be fine! You just have to work at the belts till they are tight enough.
Also, try to put the baby up high in the seat so that their legs are all inside the seat piece.

I cut a piece of corugated plastic and a thin piece of memory foam, and slid it into the back of the seat (open the velcro's to access). This gives the seat more support and makes it more of a firm back than a sling type.

HTH,

Debbie

maidale

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 1:00 pm
Debbie, that sounds like a very good idea. I am also debating the same issue as I'm thinking of getting the citi mini double which has no bassinet at all. How about if you get a soft carrycot with handles? That should make it a lot easier I guess and still keep the baby protected.

Atali

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 1:04 pm
I put my kids in regular strollers (that recline) from birth.

Keep in mind that most of our parents didn't have strollers with bassinets and put us in regular strollers and we all survived to adulthood.

Toot

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 6:28 pm
Thanks for the responses - I put her in and she was fine, had to tighten the straps a lot, but she seemed comfy. I also put in the infant headrest from my carseat - not sure if it actually did anything, but it made me feel a little better. And her feet were definitely not dangling off, I can't imagine her being so big that she won't fit in the seat piece!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 6:49 pm
how does the city mini work? does the seat come out of the frame in case I want to clip in a car seat? or is the seat always connected? also I saw that baby jogger has a bassinet that can attach to some of their strollers but I didnt quite understand if it can attach to the city mini. any more specific info would be greatly appreciated Smile

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 8:05 pm
Atali wrote:

Keep in mind that most of our parents didn't have strollers with bassinets and put us in regular strollers and we all survived to adulthood.

I also put my babies in regular strollers. But I beleive the city mini is supposed to be for babies from 6 months old.

(our (grand)parents ONLY had bassinet strollers)

Toot

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 8:23 pm
I got the City Mini, plus the bassinet, which comes with a carseat adapter. For the first couple of months, I took off the seat (it unsnaps really easily), and put on the adapter brackets for the bassinet, which my daughter slept in, and which we used as her stroller. The bassinet lifts right off of the brackets, and you can put the carseat adapter on and use the frame like a snap 'n go, which I did if I was driving her someplace. Today, I put the seat fabric back on and will now use the regular stroller. I still want her to sleep in the bassinet at night, and I think you can attach the bassinet with the seat still on, as long as it's fully reclined. I happen to think it looks ugly that way, which is why I had removed it when using the bassinet as the stroller, but if it's just for sleeping, I'll just leave the seat on.
Hope that was clear!

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 8:32 pm
I used the City Mini when my baby was barely 6 lbs.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 8:36 pm
Toot wrote:
I got the City Mini, plus the bassinet, which comes with a carseat adapter. For the first couple of months, I took off the seat (it unsnaps really easily), and put on the adapter brackets for the bassinet, which my daughter slept in, and which we used as her stroller. The bassinet lifts right off of the brackets, and you can put the carseat adapter on and use the frame like a snap 'n go, which I did if I was driving her someplace. Today, I put the seat fabric back on and will now use the regular stroller. I still want her to sleep in the bassinet at night, and I think you can attach the bassinet with the seat still on, as long as it's fully reclined. I happen to think it looks ugly that way, which is why I had removed it when using the bassinet as the stroller, but if it's just for sleeping, I'll just leave the seat on.
Hope that was clear!

thanks for the clear info! it really sounds like the city mini may be a more affordable alternative to the more expensive strollers out there (bugaboo, etc.) I hear that it folds like a dream and is super compact.

Toot

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 9:26 pm
It definitely folds like a dream and is very light, and it pushes really well too. Keep in mind that the bassinet does bring the price up significantly. My husband thinks it was definitely worth it. I think we could have gotten by without, but it definitely made life easier and more comfortable.

shabri

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 4:45 am
Raisin wrote:
Atali wrote:

I also put my babies in regular strollers. But I beleive the city mini is supposed to be for babies from 6 months old.

(our (grand)parents ONLY had bassinet strollers)

Actually the baby jogger website says its appropriate to use the city mini from birth

Toot

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:04 am
I think that means that there area ways to use it from birth, I.e. the carseat adapter or the bassinet. But it doesn't go completely flat, so I don't know if the regular stroller is for newborns. But like Atali and Raisin said, we all turned out ok...

lee

Post Wed, Jul 08 2009, 3:35 pm
im looking into the city mini and I was told an infant can go in up to 50lbs

shabri

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 2:07 am
DD was born at 5.5 lbs and was def in it by a week or so. I used a car seat headrest for a while though. It reclines almost completely flat

ef

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 4:14 pm
does anyone know where I can buy the bassinet compatible with the city mini -in israel or in the uk??

thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics