Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitels
Previous  1  2  3

chestnut

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 10:48 am
I hear. thanks, will tell my friends the trick Very Happy

chulent

Post Sat, Dec 18 2004, 10:56 pm
I was just reading up on all of your opinions on the hat/sheitels topic. I must tell you rolikinrachal that I completly dont agree with you on what you say about a snood or hat looking just as good as sheitel or even a synthetic sheitel looking as good. I can spot a synthetic sheitel from a mile away. I actually bought one for myself once, and it just didnt do me justice. And about the hat/snood thing.. I think they look terrible. And it happens to be that most of the time I DO go out with a tichel or beret etc because I cant stand wearing a sheitel, I get headaches etc.. but I also know that I look good and like a normal human being when I wear one. It doesnt say anywhere in the Torah that we should look different from the non jews in a bad way... meaning look bad so you wont be like them. When I wear a sheitel I get a million more compliments and can just tell from the way poeple talk to me that I look so much better when ive got hair on my head.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Dec 19 2004, 10:08 am
aussiemum, welcome to the club!

I'm the same way - get shaitel headaches.

Treat yourself, and buy a few hats that look good on you and give as much (or almost as much) credit as you deserve Wink

Didi

Post Sun, Dec 19 2004, 5:18 pm
If anyone is looking for a specific snood, tichel or hat I sell them, email me privately. The hats are all from Israel and If the Bandana hat you are talking about is what I have they are actually stunning and light on the head. You can email me for pictures etc.

Didi

Post Mon, Dec 20 2004, 4:42 pm
For those of you that PM me regarding snoods/hats or tichels, things got a little hectic here and I will IY"H do it later tonight after the kiddies are in bed.

avigayil

Post Wed, Dec 22 2004, 11:06 am
I personally really like sheitels.
I got a Freeda when I got married and so far prefer that one to any hat or snood. It is just a problem when I send it out to get done.
My goal is to save up for a second one to wear in those instances, but that is a loooooong term goal.
When I first found out how much a European semi-custom cost, I nearly dropped shock
B'H" though, I have gotten great reviews on it.
I also have a HUGE head and hats just don't do the job most of the time.

sara1b

Post Wed, Dec 22 2004, 10:23 pm
I prefer my snoods and sometimes hats {esp when we go camping} but I do where my sheital when we go someplace not in a frum community-but even then I have a band fall I wear a hat with-I also have been blessed with a big head-glad to know I am not alone-and I do not wear my robes {even shabbos ones} out of doors except friday eve in the summer while I wait on the porch in the dark for hub and boys.

gryp

Post Wed, Dec 22 2004, 11:15 pm
I have a Freeda too, and its so comfortable! it is a nice one, too. its 3 years old and doesnt "wear-and-tear" easily. I would buy another Freeda next time too.

miriam

Post Wed, Dec 22 2004, 11:29 pm
Rg, how much did it cost?

gryp

Post Wed, Dec 22 2004, 11:57 pm
I got a discount. it was 850 for the sheitel and then 150 for the cut/wash/style. alltogether $1000.

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 3:38 pm
Quote:
I got a discount. it was 850 for the sheitel and then 150 for the cut/wash/style. alltogether $1000.

For that amount even less I could get 5 diff styles synthetics and they look decent for first 6 months then need to be tossed etc

sarahd

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 4:13 pm
But a Freeda will look great for three years at least, so instead of 5 sheitels that only look decent you have one that makes you feel great. I think it amortizes out very nicely.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 6:50 pm
I have Shevi for already 6 yrs, BY'H.
However, I don't ware it too often.
It looks great

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 8:26 pm
FY, I also have a shevi, I have had it for 2 and half years. I wear it everyday but it still looks good, and I am sure it will last a few more years...though do you find that it gets lighter and redder after every wash?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 9:59 pm
My Freeda cost $1200 and it better last me AT LEAST 3 years! Mad

I have toyed with the idea of getting a Georgie for the week days, a normal human hair one (sans Indian hair).
Anyone here familiar with that brand?

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 11:46 pm
Rochel Leah, I did notice it, but I thought it has to do w/ hair getting lighter naturally in the sun.

Motek

Post Fri, Dec 24 2004, 11:44 am
amother wrote:

I have toyed with the idea of getting a Georgie for the week days, a normal human hair one (sans Indian hair).

yes, have had a few and was satisfied, just bought another one

sarahd

Post Sat, Dec 25 2004, 4:00 pm
I also have a Shevi and wear it every day - have for three years now. Mine just started getting lighter and reddish, but I thought that was because I wore it in Israel under the burning sun.

Didi

Post Sun, Dec 26 2004, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
My Freeda cost $1200 and it better last me AT LEAST 3 years! Mad

PM me if you are going to get a georgie.

Sunshine

Post Sun, Dec 26 2004, 9:25 pm
I have 2 Eli's and BH I am VERY happy with them. I get so many compliments on them. So many people are in shock when they hear I am wearing a wig. They totally think it is my hair. This makes me very happy to hear! One not frum lady asked my mother-in-law how come I don't cover my hair, and my shviger said that it is a shaitle! The lady was amazed! Just bec you cover your hair doesn't mean it has to look like a shmate. The Rebbe wanted ladies to get nice shaitels so it will encourage others to wear one. RG how did you get one for so cheap? Mine were arroud $1,500 each and that was on sale. Gotta start saving up for when I need a new one! Boy are they expensive!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels