Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Topics for writing?

Tweedledee

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 1:45 pm
I wanna try my hand at writing forsome jewish magazines. I'm a good writer once I have something to write about but I can't seem to think of a topic. ideas?

yersp

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:06 pm
Maybe an experience that you had (good or bad) and what you came away knowing from that experience. This is off the top of my head, gotta think of others.
Good Luck!! I always enjoyed writing and still do, however, I lost the patience for it when I was in high school. I remember a particular writing assignment we had to do and was very disappointed by the teachers mark and the comment that she wrote. Whoever I showed it to said that it was a well written assignment. I just gave up on it and now once in a while could just sit down and write out how my day went. I still sometimes wonder if there are any classes that I could take to polish up my writing.

RightOnTarget

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:25 pm
Buhlight wrote:
Maybe an experience that you had (good or bad) and what you came away knowing from that experience. This is off the top of my head, gotta think of others.
Good Luck!! I always enjoyed writing and still do, however, I lost the patience for it when I was in high school. I remember a particular writing assignment we had to do and was very disappointed by the teachers mark and the comment that she wrote. Whoever I showed it to said that it was a well written assignment. I just gave up on it and now once in a while could just sit down and write out how my day went. I still sometimes wonder if there are any classes that I could take to polish up my writing.

There is the Jewish Writing institute. They give courses through email, with a group or one and one with an instructor. Google it for details.

RightOnTarget

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:27 pm
I have a different prob. I have a personal topic that I've been advised to write about. Mishpacha mag has asked me to submit a writing on it since the topic might be of interest. Started but got stuck and bz b"h.

Tweedledee

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:32 pm
PM me. maybe I can help you unstuck it.

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:36 pm
RightOnTarget wrote:

There is the Jewish Writing institute. They give courses through email, with a group or one and one with an instructor. Google it for details.

Have you done this? Has anyone here? Please PM me and tell me if it was helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers