Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Multi-Level Marketing, Pyramids
Previous  1  2

didan

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 12:13 pm
B"H

chavamom wrote:
I believe the difference with Melaleuca is that they don't require the 'representatives' to buy the products upfront, they are making a % off the orders of the people they sign up (commission).

I may be mistaken, but I actually understood this differently. A friend of mine is selling Melaleuca products and tried to drag me into it. Of course I did not do it, neither am I buying their products for numerous reasons (PM me if you want details). According to what my friend told me, you need to spend a certain amount of $ monthly.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 12:42 pm
You need to spend about $40 a month in order to be a member, and I assume only members can be salespeople.

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 2:10 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
You need to spend about $40 a month in order to be a member, and I assume only members can be salespeople.

Like I said, I've bought the stuff, not sold it. If you like the products (want to use stuff that is evironmentally sound, and work well) it's not a problem. But I buy directly from the company - my friend who signed me up doesn't contact me, doesn't sell me anything, she doesn't have to buy the products to sell to me (which is the way most MLM works). Personally, I think someone with a small family might have a problem making the minimum orders. For me just to buy monthly cleaning supplies meets my order. It is not as cheap as buying at Sams or Costco, but it is less than if I would shop at the local stores. So it's a MLM, I don't care. I don't mind my $ going to frum people who are struggling instead of a Walmart.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics