Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Clinical Lab Scientist Career?

amother
OP

Post Today at 3:46 pm
I just came across this career which seems to be well paid and has many open positions. Does anyone work in this job? Anyone looked into the schooling for it? Is it practical for a frum girl/woman as far as school and work hours?

amother
Offwhite

Post Today at 3:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just came across this career which seems to be well paid and has many open positions. Does anyone work in this job? Anyone looked into the schooling for it? Is it practical for a frum girl/woman as far as school and work hours?

Iv'e been in and out of a few labs over the course of my training/career.
What do you want to do? PhD? MD? First you need an undergraduate degree and then graduate/med school. PhDs do not get paid that much in academic research but I believe can do ok in industry. Bear in mind that most people do post-docs for a few years after graduating and that is not paid that well.
It's also hard work and you have to really care about it. Maybe some days you work from 10 - 2, but if you want to accomplish anything there will be long days and nights (I've been in labs until midnight!).
You could be a lab tech with an undergraduate degree but vast majority of people do that on the way to grad or med school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics