Does it make a huge difference?

How ?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 4:43 pm
I don't like packing cubes . Personal opinion

scruffy

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 4:43 pm
It helps keep things neat in a suitcase. You don't have loose underwear or socks rolling around.

ittsamother  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 4:44 pm
It helps me find things faster. When I need my socks I go straight to that cube. When I need my bandaids, I know which cube that's in. Etc. I don't have to dig through my entire suitcase and make everything messy when I'm looking for something specific.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 4:46 pm
Yes. I found them life-changing. They make packing easier and unpacking and when you're out and away. I color code for each member of the family. And then use the different sizes for different things like socks or shirts etc.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 4:50 pm
I take a piece of masking tape and mark what is inside. I can find what I'm looking for!!

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 5:55 pm
I thought they were a waste of money, but my teen DDs begged for them.

They have proven to be extremely useful over time. Being able to compartmentalize your suitcase turns out to be more helpful than I would have imagined. I also use them to pack multiple kids in one bag, or separate outfits for different days, or even just to keep all the diaper paraphernalia contained.

tweety1

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 6:02 pm
I love packing cubes. It packs so much more organized and compact.

blueberry32

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 6:02 pm
I don't have to unpack when I travel. I live out of my suitcase and don't feel like a mess.

Happydance

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 7:11 pm
I prefer my ziplock or mesh laundry bags method

ittsamother  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 7:12 pm
Happydance wrote:

That's really the exact same concept. A packing cube is just a dedicated bag/container of some kind.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 7:46 pm
Thank you !

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 7:49 pm
I didn’t think they would be as helpful as they were. Packing was a far neater experience and unpacking was so much quicker- just put the cubes in the cupboards or drawers when we arrived and lived out of them, but it didn’t feel like living out a suitcase. Washing was done and put away into the cubes and repacking to go home was way quicker. And then unpacking at home I could stop and start as needed but there was never a big mess as I just did it one cube at a time.

I got the ikea ones which are 3 or 4 in a pack I think for very cheap as a trial to see if I liked the concept and if I did I would upgrade as needed but I actually really like them!! They don’t open three sides only two so there is no flap when they are open and it also makes stuff them easier

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 7:50 pm
Life changing.

Batsheva1

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:04 pm
For me they were life changing. Everything is organized in the suitcase. Easy to find what I need. No unpacking. I leave everything in the packing cube at the destination except dresses and blouses I hang that wrinkle. It's an awesome invention. I wish I invented it.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:32 pm
Happydance wrote:

I packed in ziplocks for years before I splurged on packing cubes. The cubes are, in my experience, so much better. The bags slide all over the place. The cubes stay where I put them.

emee2

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:58 pm
I use them a lot for my kids.
*one cube for weekday,
*one cube for shabbos,
*one for socks, tights and underwear,
*one for pj's

bsy

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:12 pm
It also makes packing in stages much easier. I have a tiny apartment. I can't have the suitcase opened on the floor for 2 days. But I can have a small pile of packing cubes around and the night before just throw them in the suitcase. It's much easier to pack the kids clothes in their room, put it into cubes and then carry the cubes to another room

nursemomma

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 11:01 pm
Love them!
I pack per kid, and it just somehow makes packing so much smoother and methodical. Once that kid is done, zip and into the suitcase. So I can do one at a time with breaks in between. And if I need to shift things around to make space, each persons items still stay together.
When we get to our destination, I just put them directly in the drawers/shelves.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 1:05 am
I'm sold on them, where can you get them sounds like something that would make my life easier.
I never heard of them before this thread.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics