Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Grocery s/o
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Yesterday at 1:42 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Any normal person moves to the side automatically and does not stand in the way and say move. The op was not correct at all. Everyone should be courteous at all times. It never occurred to me to walk down the aisle saying you are older I’ll move, but you are younger you’ll move for me. It’s terrible middos to walk around with all these thoughts and calculations, just be a good person period, enough with the cheshbonos.

Good people with good middos tell women over 15 yrs older than them ":no, You move"?

Ask your Rav.

amother
  Yellow

Post Yesterday at 1:47 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Good people with good middos tell women over 15 yrs older than them ":no, You move"?

Ask your Rav.

We all agree it was wrong what the 19 yr old said, do you believe it was correct for op who had the same option as the girl to move to say to the girl 'move to the side'

amother
  DarkCyan  

Post Yesterday at 1:50 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
A request in the supermarket to move ones cart is not the same a "demand". Any normal person would just move the cart, whats the big deal? OP did exactly that when she saw who she was dealing with - its just off to respond to a such a simple request to move a cart with "no YOU move".
As I wrote, all this backlash on OP just tells me what an Olam Hafuch this is.

The question is why didn't OP move instead of demanding/expecting others to move for her?? I'd think that when most people are in this situation, they'd just move to the side REGARDLESS of their age. Because age doesn't come in here. This isn't a matter of respecting elders. This is a matter of proper etiquette & manners, regardless of age. There was absolutely no reason why OP couldn't move to the side, unless she's disabled or very elderly & has mobility issues. For someone to just stand there and tell others to move for them, instead of themselves moving to this side, is just bizarre IMHO.

amother
  DarkCyan

Post Yesterday at 1:51 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:

Ask your Rav.

Good people with good middos don't tell others to move for them when they can just move themselves.

amother
  Navy

Post Yesterday at 1:57 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:

Ask your Rav.

Ask my rav what? If I as a 40 year old should treat all the 20-30 year women in my supermarket like my slaves? I have nothing to ask I don’t demand such things. I treat all people with respect. Because that’s what the Torah demands of us. Some people here must be learning a different Torah.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette