Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Xenon glasses to slow down myopa
Previous  1  2  3

elaela

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 11:27 am
We use myosmart. Are happy with the choice so far. Had them for 16 months. Dr prescribed them. I'm in Europe not USA.

amother
  Marigold

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 11:39 am
amother Lime wrote:
Manchester.

I go to the village optician.
Will ask next time I go.

Can you tell me a bit how they work?

I'm not familiar with that optician, but my experience is that small independent opticians do them, whilst the big chains don't. Worth asking yours.

Basically, they work like this: A child should either stay the same or go up no more then .25 in 6 months. Sometimes they even improve. If they go up more then .50 in 6 month they give you a new pair of glasses with the new prescription at no charge.

My kids were going up about 1.25 or more each year. One's vision improved, the other went up .25 after 6 months, then stayed the same during the next 6 months, then by .50 6 months later, meaning we got a free pair.

I usually spend £400 per child (they have high prescriptions necessitating thin high index costly lenses) every 6 months, but since starting Myosmart 18 months ago, I've only spent the cost of new frames.

I definitely recommend! I was really sceptical before trying them, but I'm so happy I tried them.

amother
  Lawngreen  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:00 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Dr haim cohen in Lakewood and one dr in Michigan have it. That’s all

How is that possible?

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:10 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Can you tell me more?

Who prescribed them?

How high was your child’s rx and how fast was it going up?

Was there an adjustment period for the kid when s/he started wearing them?

How long as you using them?

Is it a forever thing or can they go back to normal lenses after some time?

I’m in the uk, the numbers were changing by 0.5 or more every 6 months I can’t remember- but he has had them for at least 4 years and we have only changed the lenses once for quite a small change in prescription. They were badly scratched so it made sense at that point to do it. Because it slows the change down you shouldn’t need to replace them very often- if they change too much the company replaces them - that’s how much they stand behind their product!

I spoke to a consultant before getting them and he had gotten them for his own child and had no monetary gain from me getting them so I knew I could trust him.

There was a small adjustment period but no headaches bH. The lens has a honeycomb appearance if you look closely.

I would keep it as a forever thing if he needed- but surely at a certain age eyes stop changing? family history is very high prescriptions and if I can avoid that for him I would do all I can to do so.

Happy to answer any other questions too!

amother
  Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's not FDA approved yet. Available in Canada ,France and a few other countries.

So how do some US doctors have it?

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:32 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:

Getting shipments in from Israel or Canada (my eye doctor mentioned Michigan as an option since they just get the stock from over the border, or that my daughter who was in EY this summer should get a pair for her younger sister from there when we were struggling with getting lenses in... BH she managed after a few visits and is a pro now)

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:40 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:

Maybe they copied it independently (without FDA approval)

oohlala

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:52 pm
Does anyone know the timeline for fda approval in the us? Would be amazing to have.

amother
  Magnolia

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 12:54 pm
https://www.hoyavision.com/

This is the website- looking from the uk they have a load of opticians registered- but does that mean every optician is listed even if they don’t stock it?

amother
  Lime

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 1:36 pm
I cant see any of the locations listed.
Its not coming up on my.phone.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 1:40 pm
oohlala wrote:
Does anyone know the timeline for fda approval in the us? Would be amazing to have.

In July, our eye doctor was saying January...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children