Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais bracha stolin girls school monsey
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Coffee  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:03 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Kesser has a problem with smart phones - bsm let as long as it was filtered

Whoever I know that sends to kesser, has a smartphone. And I know quite afew that send there. There's a crowd there that moved from Williamsburg & have become less chassidish.

amother
  Wheat  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:05 am
amother Coffee wrote:
BSM used to be yeshivish. Kesser attracts a more modern/cool chassidish type afaik. Not like the simple torah home crowd that used to be Bais shifra Miriam crowd.

I'm wondering on which one family you base your assumptions on. Kesser is by far not modern/cool. Mostly serious and torah'dig homes. Ahavas Hashem and simplicity is a huge focus.

amother
  Coffee  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:12 am
amother Wheat wrote:
I'm wondering on which one family you base your assumptions on. Kesser is by far not modern/cool. Mostly serious and torah'dig homes. Ahavas Hashem and simplicity is a huge focus.

It's not just one family. I have some neighbors & friends that send there, as well as families I know that move from Williamsburg & changed their lifestyle alot.

amother
  Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:16 am
amother Coffee wrote:
Whoever I know that sends to kesser, has a smartphone. And I know quite afew that send there. There's a crowd there that moved from Williamsburg & have become less chassidish.

Ok good I’m happy to hear that because I heard otherwise

Although the truth is that I don’t want to send to a school where the parents are running away and changing, I grew up this way and there is just no school left in monsey for my kids

amother
  Coral

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:23 am
amother Coffee wrote:
It's not just one family. I have some neighbors & friends that send there, as well as families I know that move from Williamsburg & changed their lifestyle alot.

AFAIK Kesser has a mix of both. They have many ex-williamsburg type people and people who couldn't find another school that would accept them. But they do also have many bais rochel grad parents who are solid and hashkafically sound. I wonder which is the majority though. Considering it as an option for my daughter but not looking for an ex-chassidish cool crowd, just an open-minded solid quality more heimish crowd that's not a specific chassidus.

amother
  Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:32 am
amother Coral wrote:
AFAIK Kesser has a mix of both. They have many ex-williamsburg type people and people who couldn't find another school that would accept them. But they do also have many bais rochel grad parents who are solid and hashkafically sound. I wonder which is the majority though. Considering it as an option for my daughter but not looking for an ex-chassidish cool crowd, just an open-minded solid quality more heimish crowd that's not a specific chassidus.

I'm sure there's a mix of families there. But the families I know that send there, aren't the old BSM crowd.

amother
  Wheat

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:58 am
amother Coffee wrote:

I know many such type of families who send to Bais Brocho, actually. Majority of people in Kesser are not what you describe. The ones who are like that had a very hard time getting in. They were a bit more lenient the first 2-3 years as the school was still new. However, they are up to a point now where they don't accept most families of what you are describing. Bais Rochel and Bais Brocho definitely have a lot more of them. They are extremely strict regarding smartphones. Mothers can only have flip phones. No reasoning whatsover.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics