Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Have you ever felt that Hashem really loves you?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Beige

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:19 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
I'm going through a stressful time. I'm not able to take birth control for certain reasons. Hashem knows my strengths so he made that I ovulate a few days before mikvah. I know that once this settles and all returns to normal then my ovulation will also. I live with hashem at my side. We speak all day every day. I really believe that he is right by my side listening and doing what's best for me.

You are also equating good things with love. This doesn't really make sense. Does hashem love all the people he allows terrible things to happen to?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:32 pm
amother Beige wrote:
You are also equating good things with love. This doesn't really make sense. Does hashem love all the people he allows terrible things to happen to?

Hashem loves me. I know that. Do I see it? Watching a child die of cancer is not a time when it's easy to feel it.
But I do.

UQT

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:43 pm
I think of it as a hug from Hashem. There a few times in a persons life that you just see so clearly that he was RIGHT there. And that can get you through the rough times.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 11:50 pm
I dont think I've felt Hashem loved me since I was in elementary school. I barely have a relationship with Him. My life is incredibly painful and I am angry and unhappy and depressed.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:48 am
No I dont often feel like hashem loves me

Deep down I know he does but my heart doesnt feel it.
Maybe cuz my parents hate me. Maybe cuz I hate myself. But I dont buy this hashem loves you

amother
Stoneblue  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:57 am
I usually never respond to these types of esoterical threads because there's is too much that I don't really know or really understand about why the world runs as it does. I grapple with all the usual questions of why there is so much suffering and why that suffering is so unevenly distributed. I appreciate all the good and the beauty but sometimes it is really dwarfed by all that is wrong. I don't have answers and I agree that associating HaShem 's love only when good things happen is problematic for rational thought based on basic cause and effect.

What I will say is this, that sometimes when I'm alone in an almost meditative state with no distractions - when nothing especially good or especially bad has happened - I get the sense of being enveloped by HaShem, the sense of Him being with me and in me and part of me and around me and those are the times that I know He is there and that He sees me and that He loves me. Those are the times that I am closest to Him, so much more so than in Shul on the Yamim Noraim, or when I'm busy dealing with blessings and challenges of thedaily grind of life.

amother
  Stoneblue

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 12:57 am

amother
  Firethorn

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:15 am
amother Beige wrote:

We as human beings equate love with good. We can't fully understand anything else. Hashem sees the whole picture of what is truely best for us. That includes bad things. We cannot understand the full picture. Its like a child that runs into the street and the mother pushes them to the side so they won't get hit by the car. They only focus on the mother pushing them because they can't see the car.
We are human. We see hashems loves through the good things He does. It is harder to see it through the bad things, but that doesn't mean the love is not there.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 6:30 am
When I see my children and husband
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics