Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama Tells Abbas: I Support Dividing Jerusalem!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

anuta  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:24 am
Quote:

Because he stated one thing to one group and another thing to another group which is exactly what Cassandra said, so Cassandra isn't slandering anyone.

show me where, quotes, proof... .. "he said, she said, I heard" type of proof doesn't really work with me. I bet it was out of context. I said it was slander because I am sure Obama couldn't have said this, or it was twisted out of context. Or maybe he changed his opinion later on, we are all entitled to a change of opinion.

HindaRochel  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:28 am
anuta wrote:
[quote="HindaRochel]
Because he stated one thing to one group and another thing to another group which is exactly what Cassandra said, so Cassandra isn't slandering anyone.

show me where, quotes, proof... .. "he said she said" doesn't really work. I bet it was out of context.[/quote]

I don't have the time or energy to go back and find all the cases where he said one thing, and then changed his mind. However one I distinctly remember is a clip of him talking to a Pro-life group and telling them the Pro-choice group really didn't know what his feelings on abortion was (it was early on in the election, before his nomination and the right to life groups viewed him as better than Hilary because they didn't know his position yet.)

But I thought you didn't want to debate? I made no such promises.

ChossidMom  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:32 am
anuta wrote:
Or maybe he changed his opinion later on, we are all entitled to a change of opinion.

Gotta love it.

The man tells AIPAC that Jerusalem will NEVER be divided and then a few hours later takes it back. I guess he's entitled to change his opinion. Sure is.

supermama2  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:56 am
ChossidMom wrote:
anuta wrote:
Or maybe he changed his opinion later on, we are all entitled to a change of opinion.

Gotta love it.

The man tells AIPAC that Jerusalem will NEVER be divided and then a few hours later takes it back. I guess he's entitled to change his opinion. Sure is.

Rolling Laughter I thought it was supposed to be women notorious for changing opinions.

mugsisme  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 10:57 am
ChossidMom wrote:
anuta wrote:

Gotta love it.

He changes his opinions more often than I change my underwear.

Don't forget that he protested 9/11 patriotism by not wearing a flag, and then when he saw how upset people were he wore a flag pin.

ChossidMom  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:31 am
A man's allowed to change his opinion.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:33 am
ChossidMom wrote:
A man's allowed to change his opinion.

LOL. But every other day?

He stands everywhere, which is why it is hard to say "I'm against his position."
He has no position.

cassandra  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:45 am
HindaRochel wrote:

He has no position.

I've started referring to him as "Tabula Rasa". It's easier on my stomach than Barack Obama.

Barbara  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:53 am
McCain on Israel:

Jason Maoz article which appeared back on May 12, 2006 in JewishPress.com:

McCain told Haaretz that as president, he would "micromanage" U.S. policy toward Israel and the Palestinians and would dispatch "the smartest guy I know" to the region, presumably to jump-start a new push for a comprehensive accord.

Asked who that "smartest guy" might be, McCain responded: "Brent Scowcroft, or James Baker, though I know that you in Israel don't like Baker."

McCain foresaw "concessions and sacrifices by both sides" and indicated that Israel would be expected to "Defend itself and keep evacuating." Asked whether that meant "movement toward the June 4, 1967 armistice lines, with minor modifications," McCain, reported Haaretz, "nodded in the affirmative."

James Baker. Yeah, that's the best guy for the job. The same guy who proposed a Middle East peace conference WITHOUT Israel? Who has repeatedly placed the entirety of the blame for the Arab-Israeli conflict on ISRAEL? The same James Baker who rather infamously stated *[insert 4 letter word for relations] the Jews*?

Not to mention *defend itself and keep evacuating*

But no one here cares about any of that.

Clarissa  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 11:59 am
cassandra wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

He has no position.

I've started referring to him as "Tabula Rasa". It's easier on my stomach than Barack Obama.
How does President Obama sound to you?

Not that I'm counting chickens, of course...

supermama2

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:02 pm
Clarissa wrote:
cassandra wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

He has no position.

Rolling Laughter

mugsisme

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:10 pm
Clarissa wrote:
cassandra wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

He has no position.

Like an abomination ... Obamantion ...

gryp

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:22 pm
Quote:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Clarissa  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:22 pm
mugsisme wrote:
ike an abomination ... Obamantion ...
I think you spelled that wrong. The way you spelled it, it would sound like Oba-mansion. Do you mean he'll be living in a really big house? A white one, perhaps?

cassandra  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:24 pm
Clarissa wrote:
]How does President Obama sound to you?

Don't worry. I'm sure within a short time I'll have a plethora of appropriate nicknames to choose from.

(Where's that thread about words that give me the creeps? Plethora is one, I just couldn't come up with anything else)

Clarissa  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:30 pm
Plethora sounds gynecological to me. Just one of those parts down there.

cassandra  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:35 pm
Clarissa wrote:

Same here. Why is that?

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:35 pm
GR wrote:
Quote:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Yes. I agree wholeheartedly. But thank goodness, the man who proposed sending in James *[expletive deleted] the Jews* to negotiate peace in the Middle East, who stands with the party that in the past 8 years repeatedly attempted to abrogate civil rights and supported torture of prisoners, is likely to be defeated today. The time for fear will soon be gone.

Clarissa  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 12:38 pm
cassandra wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Same here. Why is that?
I can't post them here, but go through the various names of those things down there. Add plethora to the list. It fits in just fine. That doesn't make it an ugly word, it just sounds like it should be keeping company with genitalia. Which reminds me -- wouldn't Areola be a pretty girl's name?

anuta  

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 2:10 pm
I apologize if I offended you, but what you said really baited me. Here is why, here is some background:

cassandra wrote:
anuta wrote:
I did not vote for the president of Israel today, but for the president of America. Let's not forget that, Israel is a sovereign country.

You also voted for a man who tells everyone exactly what they want to hear, even when those things are mutually exclusive.

Here I come, all proud and happy and genuinely excited for exercising my civil duty and voting. I am an immigrant, naturalized citizen, and happy to live in a country where I know my vote will be counted for real.

And what am I told? Nu nu nu! You are a fool! That is basically how I read your comment, the tone was so confident my vote was "wrong" and I am one of those so easily duped by this candidate (to me, it implies that I am an idiot). We live in a country where we are allowed to have different opinions, no? And expect them to be respected? Not demeaned for the way I voted? And please note, I didn't say in this thread and the post you replied to that I voted for Obama, that was the conclusion you drew just by guessing!

It just struck a nerve. It just reminded me of the way dissent was treated in the unmentionable country where I grew up. So I maybe overreacted. I never said you were a slanderer, BTW, I said what you said sounded like slander.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics