Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Would you tell the mother about bullying
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightcoral

Post Yesterday at 6:16 am
amother OP wrote:
So I’m not opposed to doing that either but I felt like maybe the mother should have a say on if she wanted me to or not? Also my daughter was very worked up at the possibility of me calling the principal and didn’t want to be singled out as “the girl who told”. Even after I told her that wouldn’t happen she got very upset that I would humiliate her like that.

Please tell the teacher and principal as well. The people in the school are the ones who need to handle it, the mom is not there. I always tell the school when a kid needs help, I let them decide what to do with it. There have been times when the school was unaware, or the parents of the kid didn't talk to the school. My kid has been bullied and if other parents knew and didn't tell the adults at the school who are there, I would be really upset that they said nothing to the school.

As for your dd feeling embarrassed, talk to her about it, help her imagine what it would be like if she were in the bullied girls shoes, and if we want to protect someone from getting hurt, sometimes it is uncomfortable for us but it is the right thing to do. The research says that one of the biggest problems in bullying situations is 'innocent' bystanders - kids who could have helped but didn't, they aren't innocent just because they weren't involved. Praise your dd for telling you and empower your dd to step up here, it will serve her well in life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics