Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Experienced moms: what’s criteria for visit to doctor
Previous  1  2

amother
Puce  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 12:35 pm
tweety1 wrote:
A random vomit could be strep. Especially combined with stomach aches. Even if the kid is feeling perfectly fine after. I had that more than once with my kids.

This. I would get a throat culture for what you’re describing.

amother
  Puce

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 12:37 pm
cookier wrote:
I wouldn’t take in for headaches unless it’s so bad he can’t function. I’d troubleshoot at home first - how is his fluid intake? Could he be getting seasonal allergies or did he just come off a respiratory/sinus infection? Is he getting enough good sleep with the start of the school year? Is he just adjusting to longer days of being in school? If none of those seem to help, you can treat with Tylenol or ibuprofen, offer fluids, and offer him a dark quiet room to rest in as often as he needs, and go from there. If it’s persistent closer to RH you could take him in, but they probably can’t do much anyway.

Agree, but if the headaches persist I would take in.
My doctor told me that headaches in a child this young are unusual and warrant looking into if they persist.

imaima

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 12:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
My almost 4 year old lately has occasionally been complaining of headaches and seems to be a little more tired than usual. Otherwise he’s totally happy, running around and playing regular. Does this sound concerning enough for a visit?

Try to rule out obvious reasons like: how much sleep to they get? Is it enough for the school time? Is there enough fresh air ? Does he have a headache after a long ride?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics