Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Have you ever met/became friends with s/o through imamother?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

singleagain  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 1:15 pm
I met up with one or two

I made a pick up from a store near me to deliver to someone.

I did however meet my best friend on a different website. Online friendship is possible

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 2:36 pm
Have not met anyone from here IRL, but have from other sites. Mostly good experiences, and some great! Have many good friends who originally met online.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 3:12 pm
One of my closest supports right now I met on this website. We haven't had an opportunity to meet yet but we built a real relationship over email.

(Making friendships over email is potentially dangerous but there are ways to make sure it's safe.)

(If you're reading this, Hi!)

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 3:49 pm
knowtons of imamothers in real life. from meets

amother
Fern  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 3:55 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Yes, I have become friendly with a few people.
One person I talk to every day now, mostly via text or voicenotes. We also met when she came to my city.
We both run in such different circles that I can honestly say I would never have become friends with her if I met her first in real life.

Another person is a good friend and we shmooze occasionally via whatsapp or by phone. We know some people in common.

There's another person who I pmed with. We realized we were from the same city and had gone to the same school. Eventually we each guessed who the other was and it turned out we had been good friends in high school.

Hi! Hi
You must be talking about me! I'm grateful that I got to know you. I gained so much from our friendship! And I agree it would likely never happen if not for imamother. Unless if we'd meet in one of our hometowns by chance.
BTW, if we ever disagree on something we often come here and ask others their opinion on the subject.
For example, whether it's nice that you laugh if a friend tells you that her Betty Crocker drowned in the mikvah while she toiveled it. I still think it's hilarious. LOL sorry Amother Cyan!

amother
Emerald  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:00 pm
Never. I am always afraid to share information with people online, even though you think you know them genuinely. You never really know. I know I might be missing out on potential relationships I'm too scared.

amother
  Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:02 pm
How do you know if you can trust a person? in order to become a real friend one needs to share real life information and some secrets in order to see that you have stuff in common, if you know what I mean. So it's a risk. I really wonder, how do people do it?

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:09 pm
I did it on a different website. I met my best friend on a harry potter writers role playing website.

Honestly, I thought she was someone who I would never cross paths with in real life so I asked if I could spill my deep dark secrets and then did. And she became a support and then let me in to her life and it grew

leah396  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:12 pm
singleagain wrote:
I did it on a different website. I met my best friend on a harry potter writers role playing website.

Honestly, I thought she was someone who I would never cross paths with in real life so I asked if I could spill my deep dark secrets and then did. And she became a support and then let me in to her life and it grew

You're super lucky it happened that way. I actually met someone on a conference call. I liked how she talked asked for her phone number and now 2 years later we are best, best friends. we can tell each other anything...

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:15 pm
leah396 wrote:
I wish I would. But a deep understanding relationship. Not like a few hour one.

didn't you just join like 2 days ago?

amother
  Fern  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
How do you know if you can trust a person? in order to become a real friend one needs to share real life information and some secrets in order to see that you have stuff in common, if you know what I mean. So it's a risk. I really wonder, how do people do it?

I agree with you. In my case, it started with PMs because I enjoyed certain posts of hers and we were messaging back and forth. It took quite a few weeks (maybe months, I can't remember) before I felt safe enough to share my name and location. I am very cautious and don't just do that easily here.
I actually would suggest you DON'T rush to share private information with a stranger online. It can be very unsafe and may come back to bite you. Only if you are 100% comfortable and after you have enough proof that the other person is trustworthy.

amother
  Fern

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

She can still wish she'll end up making a good friend here even if she just joined.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 2:05 pm
Yes. Quiet a few. I still keep up with them. It’s been a few years already

leah396

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:03 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

I did, but I was on amother 10+ years ago and rejoined, and this is not the only message group I'm part of. I was talking in general about online message groups...

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Emerald wrote:

In my case we did share some feelings towards the beginning but not secrets or anything deep until after we met.

About generally keeping safe, I never would've thought I would make a friend online. It kind of just happened, when we actually shared phone numbers and I went to visit for the first time- at that point I had reason to believe it was safe for me (B"H I was right), after that it flowed from there to a real, close relationship.

TwinsMommy

Post Yesterday at 5:46 pm
raise your hand if you and I became friends on here and now we're facebook friends--- I think there's about 15 of you. Smile

amother
  Cyan

Post Yesterday at 5:53 pm
amother Emerald wrote:

Do you generally have a hard time trusting people?

amother
Seafoam

Post Yesterday at 5:59 pm
amother Emerald wrote:

I had one horrible story that happened because of a connection I made on here. Was really sobering to say the least. I’m a lot more cautious since then. But I don’t regret the connections I DID make with some wonderful people.

readreread

Post Yesterday at 6:03 pm
This is so pure and brings me such joy to read! I have not, but I love that you did.

amother
Marigold

Post Yesterday at 6:06 pm
I keep my online friends and friends IRL separate as a boundary. I don't take imamother relationships offline.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics