Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
How hard are twins for the first year?
Previous  1  2

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 10:22 pm
I found that first year with twins extremely hard. Can’t begin to imagine that your older kids would have any benefit to being home with you in that situation.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 10:31 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Honestly, I don’t even think it’s nice to the 4 year old to keep him/her home. Keeping a 4 year old home can work if your invested in keeping them stimulated and happy. That’s not going to be possible. 4 year old will be happier in school. 4 year old being a playmate for 18 month old shouldn’t even be a consideration, that’s just selfish.

I was thinking the same thing. Better to send out both older kids then keep them both home in this scenario.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 11:31 am
You’re being overly optimistic. Two newborns is beyond exhausting. It’s not fair to your toddler and your four year old. You might be physically present, but you won’t be functioning like a mommy that can give them attention and snuggles and fun experiences. You’ll be in survival mode. Sending your kids out is a chesed to them. Send them before the babies are born, so they have time to get used to it beforehand. B’shaah tovah!

(And pay someone to do carpool both ways. You’re not going to be able to.)

It’s really important to prioritize your own mental and physical health!!! Not everything is going to be ideal. Gotta make the best choice possible in the situation and daven for siyata d’Shamaya.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more