Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:22 am
would never use Nova as a name for a child

many good traditional names here

b shaah tovah!

am yisroel chai!

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 6:33 am
I love Tziona. I ordered coffee at Starbucks and gave my name as Tziona (it's not) so that the woke barista would have to yell it out when it was ready. I acted like I hadn't heard him, so he had to do it again! Was so much fun and didn't even cause a fight. He was totally confused.

amother
  Broom

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:13 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I had a girl shortly after October 7 and used a name for joy, to represent the joy she brought during this dark dark time, and that ray of light and hope. Meira/Aliza/Roni/Gila/
We did not want to use something that was too heavy as everything felt so heavy at the time.
We’re not in the immediate post Oct 7 anymore so you might feel differently but that’s what we did Smile
Also some of the names mentioned are gorgeous but not sure in a JPF American community they are mainstream.
Sending brachot for clarity !!

I am overthinking the whole thing because maybe my emotions are too raw. I don’t think Nechama would work for me because I haven’t been comforted yet. Maybe by the time the baby is born IYH.
I see the meaning in commemorating the people and the place that were wiped out, so they could live in our memory, but I don’t see the meaning in commemorating the events. What a sad situation for a child to be named after a tragedy.. So I wouldn’t use Nova or even Simcha Ora.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:34 am
amother Broom wrote:
I am overthinking the whole thing because maybe my emotions are too raw. I don’t think Nechama would work for me because I haven’t been comforted yet. Maybe by the time the baby is born IYH.
I see the meaning in commemorating the people and the place that were wiped out, so they could live in our memory, but I don’t see the meaning in commemorating the events. What a sad situation for a child to be named after a tragedy.. So I wouldn’t use Nova or even Simcha Ora.

I dont see naming Nechama as saying that we have been comforted.
More like a tefilla that we should be comforted, that the birth of a child, this child should comfort us.

A family that has a baby during Shiva and names her Nechama isn't comforted yet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names