Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:29 pm
Supposedly someone got involved and drove enough beds from I think Lakewood. He’s also having meals sent not sure from where. He said also tables and chairs and other furniture. So he’s trying to make it more comfortable and functional.

mizle10  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Supposedly someone got involved and drove enough beds from I think Lakewood. He’s also having meals sent not sure from where. He said also tables and chairs and other furniture. So he’s trying to make it more comfortable and functional.

It’s the furniture that was supposed to go the new grounds. They have 3 bunk beds in each hotel room and moved the hotel beds out.

amother
  Chocolate  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 4:14 pm
Based on reading the hotel reviews, it sounds like a total dump. Good luck to these girls, I feel so sorry for them. Can't Believe It

amother
Lightgray  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:13 pm
My daughter called me from someone's phone there. She sounds cautiously adventerous but also confused and a little unsettled. She doesn't know when their luggage is coming or what they are doing for food. It's her first year and she only went with one friend so I'm a little nervous about how all this is going to play out.

amother
  Crocus  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:27 pm
I just can’t imagine why the girls were taken up there altogether under these circumstances

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:28 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
I just can’t imagine why the girls were taken up there altogether under these circumstances
Hard for me to imagine letting my daughter go

amother
  Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:30 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
My daughter called me from someone's phone there. She sounds cautiously adventerous but also confused and a little unsettled. She doesn't know when their luggage is coming or what they are doing for food. It's her first year and she only went with one friend so I'm a little nervous about how all this is going to play out.

You mean they still don't have their personal belongings , or food? How's that supposed to work? I can't wrap my head about what's going on here. Seriously.

amother
  Lightgray

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:57 pm
Nah, she called again and sounds fine. They had supper, they have their luggage; I didn't quite catch the room situation. But I heard a lot of giggling in the background. It's an adventure they'll talk about for years, and hopefully will turn out well for all involved.

amother
  Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:56 pm
Fwd: Sounds like Hiller disappeared from site and Perlstein and Margolis ( could be same guy that owns the boys camp ) are stepping in to try to smooth things out . There are couple of guys from lakewood heading up or may have arrived already , to assist .

Reb Yehida Kaszirer (biker Cholim)
Reb Mayer Fried (Misaskim) heading to Malka to help organize and make sure there are safe accommodations for the girls

amother
  Thistle  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:15 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Fwd: Sounds like Hiller disappeared from site and Perlstein and Margolis ( could be same guy that owns the boys camp ) are stepping in to try to smooth things out . There are couple of guys from lakewood heading up or may have arrived already , to assist .

Reb Yehida Kaszirer (biker Cholim)
Reb Mayer Fried (Misaskim) heading to Malka to help organize and make sure there are safe accommodations for the girls

I don't understand, are you saying that the heads of the camp, the ones who sent out applications in November are no longer in charge?

mizle10  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:22 pm
My daughter loves camp, she called me crying. She's hungry. Their food boxes are with their luggage. They did nothing all day and it's boiling hot. It breaks my heart that I can't get food to her.

amother
  Thistle  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:23 pm
mizle10 wrote:
My daughter loves camp, she called me crying. She's hungry. Their food boxes are with their luggage. They did nothing all day and it's boiling hot. It breaks my heart that I can't get food to her.

Instacart

mizle10  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:26 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Instacart

Yes, I sent her whatever kosher I was able to find. Pringles and Oreos. A delicious supper for a kid who had a long hot exhausting and boring day.

aria3578

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:42 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Yes, I sent her whatever kosher I was able to find. Pringles and Oreos. A delicious supper for a kid who had a long hot exhausting and boring day.

They apparently were outside the entire day

mizle10

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:44 pm
aria3578 wrote:
They apparently were outside the entire day

There was no activities or entertainment.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:49 pm
(570) 561-4554
This is the phone number of the closest kosher grocery. You can call and order food for your daughter and he’ll deliver it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:56 pm
As someone who worked in my fair share of camps, I can’t even imagine what the staff and girls are going through. I hope all involved are ok.

amother
  Thistle

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:00 am
mizle10 wrote:
There was no activities or entertainment.

They had a firecracker show for a couple of minutes, 😆.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:11 am
My daughter has called crying a few times. Does not seem to be a functional situation at all.

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:04 pm
I second that. I hope the staff is ok. The last thing we need...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics