Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Smart Imas, maybe you can help me?
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 9:48 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
First consider a clonidine patch.
Also consider some cbt style therapy and although she is clearly some flavor of neurodivergent, she can also be held accountable for her behavior

Clonidine made my daughter EXHAUSTED. Your mileage may vary, but beware. If depressed, adding exhaustion on top is rough especially if she's in puberty.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 6:13 am
I found clonidine pulled my son down very much, it's the best that works for him, but definitely adds depression and tiredness.
with another child I've had really positive results on the guanfecine after trying so many different medications over 10 years, so I'll stick to that

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 6:57 am
My child is doing well on abilify together with a stimulant. We were questioning if the stimulant was increasing rigidity and irritability. The psychiatrist explained to me that abilify is more of mood stabilizer and calms the internal restlessness and angst. We are actually now decreasing the stimulant as he is responding so well bh.
Hatzlacha!. The medication journey of trial and error is brutal!!

smarty skirt

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 12:12 am
I recommend getting finally focused, magnesium helps coordinate with the medicine for the down times from it, lack of interest in food, anxiety etc....check it out....builds in system for 3 months...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)