Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mevaseret Tzion
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 8:14 am
salt wrote:
Or Jerusalem.

Doesn't sound like you'd fit into Mevaseret, although I'm sure you'd be welcomed. Just might feel a little different.

Would love to live in Jerusalem, it’s my dream. Not sure feasible though. Is there a community of out of town type Bais Yaakov?

amother
Cinnamon  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:50 pm
I don't think Mevasseret is the right fit.

amother
  Cinnamon

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would love to live in Jerusalem, it’s my dream. Not sure feasible though. Is there a community of out of town type Bais Yaakov?

Look into Ramot ב.

amother
Cerulean  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:58 pm
RBSA would fit you Colored shirts, working men. Shabbat they Daven at the Breslov Shul or Chabbad and wear long. Schooling here.

amother
  NeonGreen

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 1:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
What are the real differences between Mamach and real charedi?

And what’s chardal?

Charadi schools are chiunuch atzmai, they believe in being totally independent of misrad hachinuch. The beis yakov girl schools will have a ton of rules, the boys will learn some amount of chol until eighth grade and then they'll go to Yeshiva ketana where there is just learning.

ממ"ח schools will claim to be charadi, they will have charadi beis yakov uniforms for the girls . They will have rules, but not as many of the ridiculous ones that the regular beis yakov has. The real charadi schools will look down on them. The girls high school will do bagrut. The parent body are more likely to be working than learning. You may have more modern girls going. But, it can depend on the school and area.
The boys may go to Yeshiva ketana after but many will go to Yeshiva high schools and do bagrut .

I'm rbsa most of the American charadi schools aren't ממ"ח BC they didn't want the stigma associated with it. (I think). They are under the sefardi charadi system so they have more flexibility. (It's complicated)

You also have chardal Talmud Torah. Similar to a charadi chader. Most of the day today learning, some chol. They follow the hashkafa of rav kook and will educate about the value of yishuv eretz Yisrael. They will celebrate yom hatzmaut and boys will continue to hesder yeshiva or merkaz harav.

There is no perfect fit for Americans but if you are flexible it's perfectly doable. There are many Americans in all the above systems doing well, despite sometimes having to compromise some values.

spikta

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 1:55 pm
Mevaseret is definitely not the place for you. Unless there's a chareidi enclave I'm unaware of, the religious community is small and not the right fit. I have DL friends who live there to be close to family, but struggle with being the most machmir in their kids schools...

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:16 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
RBSA would fit you Colored shirts, working men. Shabbat they Daven at the Breslov Shul or Chabbad and wear long. Schooling here.

Ok that sounds good, is it generally more modern or Bais Yaakov??

What does wear long mean?

I don’t think DH would be comfortable in breslov or Chabad. Are there any chassidish type shteiblach?? (I want this move, not DH so gotta find a good fit for him to agree to it)

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:17 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Look into Ramot ב.

So this would be RBSB? Or is ramot Bes within something else? (Just trying to learn how it works)

LovesHashem

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

I don’t think DH would be comfortable in breslov or Chabad. Are there any chassidish type shteiblach?? (I want this move, not DH so gotta find a good fit for him to agree to it)

A mix. I'm sure you can find a shul that's matim.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
So this would be RBSB? Or is ramot Bes within something else? (Just trying to learn how it works)

Ramot is an area in jerusalem. There are a few. Ramot bet is one brighborhood of ramot. Not rbs thats ramat not ramot.
רמת בית שמש vs רמות ב

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 2:33 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Ramot is an area in jerusalem. There are a few. Ramot bet is one brighborhood of ramot. Not rbs thats ramat not ramot.
רמת בית שמש vs רמות ב

Ah, ok thanks for clairfying.

Would love to hear more about Ramon (specifically Ramon B), is there a large Anglo population? Any American schools or at least schools that help integrate for language?

amother
Blush  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 3:53 pm
amother OP wrote:

Jumping in here, another RBSA-er. I can also see your husband being comfortable in Aish Kodesh for example. Probably there are other shuls that I am not familiar with (Bais Mordechai? Other small minyanim?). In terms of girls schooling, really depends what you mean for Bais Yaakov. There are 2 standard community Bais Yaakovs here, with more that are more chareidi. Could be that to get into the standard BY your husband would need to wear white shirts. I don't know if it's in their takanon (rules that you sign). Then there are 2 more open BY (also more American), and the mamach (Netzach Yisrael) which all have a similar population of girls overall, though there are differences - if you are considering those, would make sense to look at each class and see what would be the best fit for your daughter.

For boys there are more schools in the "more open chareidi" elementary school, so more options.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:01 pm
amother OP wrote:

Givat Hamivtar (right next to Ramat Eshkol) sounds like a good fit for you.
There are men with colored shirts and women who don't wear tights etc... but BY type
There may even be schools there that fit your type also.
Best to talk to someone who lives there

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:15 pm
amother Blush wrote:
Jumping in here, another RBSA-er. I can also see your husband being comfortable in Aish Kodesh for example. Probably there are other shuls that I am not familiar with (Bais Mordechai? Other small minyanim?). In terms of girls schooling, really depends what you mean for Bais Yaakov. There are 2 standard community Bais Yaakovs here, with more that are more chareidi. Could be that to get into the standard BY your husband would need to wear white shirts. I don't know if it's in their takanon (rules that you sign). Then there are 2 more open BY (also more American), and the mamach (Netzach Yisrael) which all have a similar population of girls overall, though there are differences - if you are considering those, would make sense to look at each class and see what would be the best fit for your daughter.

For boys there are more schools in the "more open chareidi" elementary school, so more options.

Thanks sounds like we don’t want Mamach. Thanks for the info!! Do schools teach in Hebrew?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:16 pm
amother Lime wrote:
There are men with colored shirts and women who don't wear tights etc... but BY type

Thanks!! What is housing there like?

amother
  OP

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:17 pm
amother Lime wrote:

Is it out of town feel? I wear stockings are there people like that there too?

amother
Peru

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 4:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks sounds like we don’t want Mamach. Thanks for the info!! Do schools teach in Hebrew?

Unless a school is know as an english soeaking school, and there are some around isrsel, assume the school teaches in hebrew.

amother
  Cerulean

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 6:00 pm
You Do Not want RBS Bet. Its mostly Hebrew speaking. You want or RBSA or RBS Gimmel or Daled. Americans, working, learning mixed and wear the Levush of Chassidim on Shabbat. You would probably love Rabbi Shapiro's Shul in RBSA. about 200 families, very warm very caring. all types. Rabbi Shapiro is the Piacenza Rebbe, very warm and kind. Apts. around there are not cheap. ( 1.8 - 2.5 million shekel.) You will find schooling around there also.

amother
Lightgreen  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 8:03 pm
Amother Blush,

What are the names of the 2 "standard chareidi" BY schools in RBS?
What are the names of the 2 "open BY" in RBS?
and what are the names of some of the "open chareidi yeshiva elementary schools?"

Thank you so much!

amother
  Blush  

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 11:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes! Every school teaches in Hebrew. There are some ganim for up to age 3 in English and one for above 3 in English, and one girls high school and one boys high school in English, both those are not the typical high schools, more like for kids who specifically need English.

Rabbi Shapiro's shul someone mentioned is Aish Kodesh which I mentioned earlier. I also think it would be good for your husband. I think apartment prices in the area (and anywhere in any of the RBS neighborhoods) are higher than what was mentioned.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions