Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I almost ran over your son on cross street
Previous  1  2

amother
  Powderblue  

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:46 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I feel pity when I see boys standing as waiting as well. On the other hand I think that if people wont pick them up, they will have to figure out other safer means of transportation so it is for their own good not to be picked up and enabled to do something dangerous.

How is a teen finding safer transportation if their parents aren’t driving them?

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 9:37 am
I was driving down County Line Road yesterday (just before it rained) and as I came close to Crocus St on my left, a boy on his bike zipped across the street - all 4 lanes - and then zipped right back - just for fun, on his bike in front of oncoming traffic.

My heart was in my mouth. He could've been hurt, or he could've caused a pile-up accident and others could've been hurt.

I feel like letting mothers on that street know. Check how your son's are riding, and if they are doing any crazy stunts.....

amother
  Peach  

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 5:53 pm
Some times I wonder if some people want to get run over.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:19 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I was driving down County Line Road yesterday (just before it rained) and as I came close to Crocus St on my left, a boy on his bike zipped across the street - all 4 lanes - and then zipped right back - just for fun, on his bike in front of oncoming traffic.

My heart was in my mouth. He could've been hurt, or he could've caused a pile-up accident and others could've been hurt.

I feel like letting mothers on that street know. Check how your son's are riding, and if they are doing any crazy stunts.....

Omg! No words. I live in the area. That’s not acceptable, I’m horrified

Can you please submit this as a letter to the voice?

amother
  Peach

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Omg! No words. I live in the area. That’s not acceptable, I’m horrified

Can you please submit this as a letter to the voice?

What's the point? People are always writing to the voice about this and what happens? Absolutely nothing

amother
  Teal  

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:53 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
How is a teen finding safer transportation if their parents aren’t driving them?

If people wouldn’t pick them up then they’d figure it out. Not all boys hitch. Some bike. Some carpool. Some mothers do drive their sons. Some even use their own two feet and walk. If I can walk around the lake these boys can walk to and from most Lakewood neighborhoods. Weather permitting obviously.

amother
Bisque  

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:53 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
If people wouldn’t pick them up then they’d figure it out. Not all boys hitch. Some bike. Some carpool. Some mothers do drive their sons. Some even use their own two feet and walk. If I can walk around the lake these boys can walk to and from most Lakewood neighborhoods. Weather permitting obviously.

OMG, biking is even worse! I swerve so many times a day to avoid hitting boys on bikes.

amother
  Teal  

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:55 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I agree with you and so I only pick them up when the weather is really bad. Even though hitching really upsets me and I don't let my sons hitch, I can't leave a boy waiting in bad weather.

I pick them up if they look like they just turned bar mitzvah. What are these little kids hitching for? It terrifies me. I figure better that I pick them up than someone else.

amother
  Teal  

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
OMG, biking is even worse! I swerve so many times a day to avoid hitting boys on bikes.
Some of them aren’t biking safely. But not so many that you would be swerving many times a day. Which neighborhood?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 27 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Some of them aren’t biking safely. But not so many that you would be swerving many times a day. Which neighborhood?

There is virtually no shoulder on Cross St, it's twisty and windy, and there are dozens of mesivtas.
A boy who misses his bus am or pm, leaves early, or leaves during his various breaks to buy a soda or donut is walking or biking practically in the street.
Even worse in the winter with the piles of snow and ice.
Those are facts.

keym

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 10:41 am
https://hefkervelt.blogspot.co......html

This thread is linked there.

amother
  Teal

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 10:55 am
keym wrote:
https://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2021/05/friday-may-28-news-updates-lakewood.html

Great, they saved everyone the trouble of writing letters lol

amother
  Powderblue  

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:06 am
Deleted.

amother
  Powderblue

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:09 am
keym wrote:
https://hefkervelt.blogspot.com/2021/05/friday-may-28-news-updates-lakewood.html

Can we move this to private. Otherwise I’ll edit/delete my posts. I have too many details.

Never mind - I deleted it.

amother
  Bisque

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:10 am
keym wrote:

Good!

amother
Mint

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:50 pm
Congrats to the mothers of the cross st boys, saw a few boys wearing extra reflective gear, good job!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries