Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Putting down a sleeping baby
Previous  1  2

Tehilla

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 6:51 pm
Quote:
lansinoh is a great product for sore nipples

I actually got no relief from this. Sara Chana's famous 'recipe' for sore nipples, cracked nipples, and thrush worked for me.

I mentioned it in another thread, so if anyone wants the recipe again, all over the counter, please pm me.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 11:47 pm
Nicole wrote:
breslov wrote:
Tamiri, the only issue I have with him nursing this much... is I'm a little sore. And not because he has a bad latch- he has a great latch. But my nipples are spending more time in his mouth than out nearly.

This should get better soon. do not fear!

Ditto. My worst nursing experience was with my first, when I did not know what I was doing and nursing wasn't so "popular" so I didn't get good advice. I did not nurse him "all the time" and did not sleep with him in bed. Since then I have learned: nurse the baby as often as he wishes (I have only boys, no hers) during the night and during the day, and my nipples were never sore again. I am very fair and very sensitive but this shitta worked for the four who came after #1. If you truly believe in nursing, give it your all for a few months. The rewards are incredible. I am hoping the pacifier does not have a negative affect on your nursing buddy. There is nothing wrong with being a human pacifier for a few months. It's good for mom, good for baby and could be a natural method of BC if you are lucky (don't count on it )

mumoo

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 12:53 am
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
Is he really crying or just fussing? A baby can fuss for a minute or two before falling asleep and that's OK. No need to intervene. A screaming, crying baby is a different story. Get used to letting him fuss (not scream!) when you put him down and he will learn to fall asleep on his own - which believe me you will appreciate when he is bigger. Try not to train him to only sleep when being held.

excellent advice-
yes, I wore my babies and slept with thme and nursed them to sleep. But that was as much for my convenience as theirs. A baby really should learn to fall, or at least stay, asleep when in his own bed.

But if he does fall asleep while nursing:

wait for at least 10 minutes to be sure he is in a deep sleep
lay him down in the bed while still holding him (need the crib mattress at the highest level) and when he is down and quiet, slowly release your arms
keep a blanket in your lap, under him, while nursing. it will get warm from your and his body heat. Make sure to lay him down on that, not the cold sheet.
and like another mother said, it goes really quickly. the baby I had to rock to sleep 2-3 times a day, in a rocking chair, for an hour at a time- he's 17 and doesn't need so much rocking anymore Smile

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 10:18 am
I would nurse her to sleep laying down and then transfer her in that side position to her bassinet (it's a little more cozy then flat on her back) and then I would slowly slowly roll her onto her back.

Don't worry it'll get easier!! And your nipples will toughen up soon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics