Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Do you really think Hashem wants us to wear lacetops?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

shabbatiscoming  

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 2:36 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Well said. Also saying it as a wig wearer. Totally not from a place of judgement. Just from a place of practicality and comfort. I WISH we all decide at the same time to only go out with comfy pretieds. Including weddings. They can have diamonds in them for weddings. And no, I won't be the only one in my community doing it so don't suggest I can do what I please. It's just my secret wish that we all do it together.

So why not tey and see if other women would actually do this?

heidi

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 3:11 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Well said. Also saying it as a wig wearer. Totally not from a place of judgement. Just from a place of practicality and comfort. I WISH we all decide at the same time to only go out with comfy pretieds. Including weddings. They can have diamonds in them for weddings. And no, I won't be the only one in my community doing it so don't suggest I can do what I please. It's just my secret wish that we all do it together.

Off topic, but this is completely cultural
My DL Israeli friends think I look stunning in a huge tied mitpachat- I look like a ping pong ball
I constantly tell my husband I wish I had the guts to go out in public in no makeup and a mitpachat like so so many DL Israeli women- they think they look great

amother
Molasses

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 3:19 pm
heidi wrote:
My DL Israeli friends think I look stunning in a huge tied mitpachat- I look like a ping pong ball
I constantly tell my husband I wish I had the guts to go out in public in no makeup and a mitpachat like so so many DL Israeli women- they think they look great

One of the best parts of living in an Israeli area is that I can go out in a mitpachat. I hate leaving my neighbourhood and having to wear a wig otherwise I look out of place. Not looking forward to leaving the country soon and having to wear a wig every day.

shabbatiscoming  

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 5:29 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
One of the best parts of living in an Israeli area is that I can go out in a mitpachat. I hate leaving my neighbourhood and having to wear a wig otherwise I look out of place. Not looking forward to leaving the country soon and having to wear a wig every day.

I dont understand this. If you walk outside your immediate area, you will find women covering with any number of head coverings. Not just wigs.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 5:32 pm
heidi wrote:

We dont THINK we look great, we KNOW we look great Smile
Why not try it once or twice and see how you actually feel?
Ive never worn make up. I dont care how I actually look to anyone else. I dress for comfort.

BadTichelDay

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 6:01 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
We dont THINK we look great, we KNOW we look great Smile
Why not try it once or twice and see how you actually feel?
Ive never worn make up. I dont care how I actually look to anyone else. I dress for comfort.

I've just spent the whole Shabbat in a big patterned mitpachat and without any makeup. I went to shul and later to a shiur. It wasn't just me - every other woman I saw today was like that as well. It's how we do it here in our community.
Sometimes, when we go to Jerusalem or to parks somewhere else in the country on tiulim, I get to see American chareidi women. To me, that look with a full face of makeup and a styled sheitel looks just very overdone. Why look like going to the opera in Paris when you are just in the zoo or a park?
It's all a matter of perspective and what you're used to. To me, the others look just as weird as I to them.

amother
Birch

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 7:06 pm
amother Molasses wrote:

I live in Har Nof, with lots of Americans. This afternoon I went to an English shiur, with all Americans. About half were wearing a mitpachat.
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels