Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Piercing ears - what's the right age?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

happymom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 10:30 am
Quote:
All little girls do. I always feel bad for the kids who don't have pierced ears and their friends do.

as soon as I wanted my ears pierced I told my mother and I got it done. im iyh gonna do the same to my baby. I am against piercing a childs ears at such a young age. there is no need to feel bad for little girls who dont have earings! my little sisters dont even want earing yet. they know when they get a little bit older they will get them. I would NEVER pierce my babys ears!!!

shaina punim

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 10:45 am
my girls got earings when they were babies, baby girls dont look like girls untill the have earings, thats my oppion, its better to pierce when a baby so they dont remember the pain, the pain is only for a second so I dont feel bad.the only problum we had so far is loosing the earings b"h nothing else

happyone

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 4:35 pm
By baby -- yes, you guessed it, a girl -- actually slept through her ear piercing.
She was 8 days old - my motto remains: boys, a bris at eight days, and girls their ears pierced!
I wondered if she was ok when she slept through it, I remember having my ears pierced at four - thinking about it makes me cringe. The one doing by baby's piercing said she sees that alot with young babies, if they don't anticipate the pinch - it's over b4 they feel ti.

raizy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 10:44 pm
I pierced my daughter ears at 3 weeks. I think that was the first place I went to after giving birth. she didnt cry at all. they freeze it and santize it.

ektsm

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 1:47 pm
What is a good age to pierce a girls ears? I pierced my girls ears when they had their bat mitzvot!

chen  

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:10 pm
when they are old enough to take care of the wound and to treat their jewelry responsibly. bat mitzvah is pretty good unless your dtr is more careless than most.

chocolate moose  

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:12 pm
I was 20 years old!

Mishie  

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 2:35 pm
I had to wait until I was 16 to get my ears pierced, cuz my parents wouldn't let me....

When my daughter was 13 months old we got her ears pierced.

Then I had another baby girl, she just turned 1 last week, and I want to get her ears pierced.

My older daughter (who's 4.5 now) has a TERRIBLE INFECTION where her ears are pierced, and that's with GOLD earings!!!!
She's just VERY sensitive!!!
So, I'm not running to get my baby's ears pierced just yet

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 2:53 pm
I had pierced ears when I was a baby, I have only boys now, but iyh when they are babies I plan on getting them.

chocolate moose  

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 3:05 pm
Although I takeh was 20, my daughter was 18 mos. You can't pierce much after that, b/c then they wil play with the earrings.

Ask your dr to be sure.

hisorerus  

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 3:58 pm
If anyone has sensitive ears and is allergic to even 14K gold, try www.simplywhispers.com . They are cheap earrings but guaranteed not to cause an allergic reaction. They're nickel-free, which is usually what the cause of the reaction is.

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 4:08 pm
we pierced dd's ears when she was 6 months. if it were up to me, I would've waited until she was were old enough to take care of it herself, but dh wanted it done from day 1, so I gave in on this one. b"h, she didn't have any problems with them and at a year, she barely even knows they're there.

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 5:14 pm
I had mine pierced as a baby and pierced my DD at 2.5 months.

tziviakayla

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 5:38 pm
When she is old enough to decide if she even wants her ears pierced! What happens if a mother has her daughter's ears pierced at a young age and as she gets older she doesn't like it? Too late! Perhaps a girl should have them done before dating or as a kallah.

chen

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 9:24 pm
immala wrote:
Perhaps a girl should have them done before dating or as a kallah.

that's not a bad idea. In any case not before bat mitzvah and preferably at age 16 or later. I had mine done halfway through college, after wearing non-pierced for a few years and finally deciding that yes, I do want to wear earrings and no, this is not a passing fancy.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 9:37 pm
that's why we chose 18 mos.

Younger Me

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 9:42 pm
my sister lives in south america. she had her baby's ears pierced in the hospital after she was born!! (apparently, that's what ppl do there...)

I got mine pierced at 5 years old.

still waiting to pierced my girls ears, they're 2 and 4, but they keep getting ear infections so I keep waiting for them to be over....I'll get 'round to it one of these days, maybe in the summer....

amother  

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 10:16 pm
In my community mothers get their babies ears pierced as soon as possible after birth. My daughter got her first earrings when she was only Four days old. I am so used to see baby girls with earrings that when I occasionly see one without I mistaken it for a boy Rolling Eyes

Mishie

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 2:29 am
Does anyone know where they sell earings for babies, they have special backs that screw on to the posts and actually COVER the sharp ends.

I've seen these years ago, can't remember where, and haven't seen them since.

I've been pushing off getting my 12 month old's ears pierced, also cuz I'm worried about the posts poking her when she's sleeping.

What do y'all think about this?

hisorerus

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 2:37 am
http://store.yahoo.com/simplyw......html
These are plastic covers for the backs.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics