Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you see @raizyscookin stories?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:51 am
amother Holly wrote:
I looked through her stories, when does she talk about cleaning ladies?

Don’t see anything either. She must have removed it

SuperWify  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:55 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
No, it wasn’t because she thought Yiddish speakers can afford it and English speakers can’t. It had nothing to do with that. She mentioned the affordability issue as the reason she hasn’t done an episode on her show focused on cleaning help, not the reason she spoke in Yiddish.

The English speaking community is more likely to message her about racism than the Yiddish speaking community is so she did it for that reason. She said some things that could be awful for our community if the clip ever got out into the world. I don’t think she should have said those things, they were racist, but I’m glad she said it in Yiddish when she said it so that Hispanic people definitely can’t understand it.

Ouch. Ouch. Anything can be easily translated today with AI. In a public platform you can’t say certain things I don’t care in which language .

you’re admitting that the Yiddish speaking community has no problem with putting down non-Jews? Why is that? Not pointing fingers at you specifically but unfortunately this is an attitude I’ve encountered in this community.

I’m disappointed. I’ve followed Raizy for years and really respected her. Still do, but less now.

amother
  Cappuccino

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:11 am
SuperWify wrote:
Ouch. Ouch. Anything can be easily translated today with AI. In a public platform you can’t say certain things I don’t care in which language .

you’re admitting that the Yiddish speaking community has no problem with putting down non-Jews? Why is that? Not pointing fingers at you specifically but unfortunately this is an attitude I’ve encountered in this community.

I’m disappointed. I’ve followed Raizy for years and really respected her. Still do, but less now.

True point about AI. I’m glad she removed those stories.

I agree it’s upsetting that she seems to view chasidish culture as being okay with racism. I’m not actually chasidish, I’m heimish, and I am definitely not okay with racism. If we’re racist then we lose our right to be angry when people are antisemitic.

SuperWify  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:27 am

I agree it’s upsetting that she seems to view chasidish culture as being okay with racism. I’m not actually chasidish, I’m heimish, and I am definitely not okay with racism. If we’re racist then we lose our right to be angry when people are antisemitic.

💯

amother
  Amaryllis  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:27 am
No, it wasn’t because she thought Yiddish speakers can afford it and English speakers can’t. It had nothing to do with that. She mentioned the affordability issue as the reason she hasn’t done an episode on her show focused on cleaning help, not the reason she spoke in Yiddish.

The English speaking community is more likely to message her about racism than the Yiddish speaking community is so she did it for that reason. She said some things that could be awful for our community if the clip ever got out into the world. I don’t think she should have said those things, they were racist, but I’m glad she said it in Yiddish when she said it so that Hispanic people definitely can’t understand it.

I understood that she spoke in yiddish because she doesn't want any non jews that may be listening, to understand it.

amother
  Amaryllis  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:30 am

No where did she imply that she or that chassidish communities are okay with racism. She said that if she vents or points out certain true things about our cleaning help, people will yell that it's racist.

amother
  Amaryllis  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:32 am
amother Azure wrote:
She said shes writing s memoir. Maybe that’s why she spoke about the cleaning lady in yiddish - to keep people talking because any publicity is good publicity. Because I can’t otherwise understand why she’d make at least half of her 52k followers feel alienated and not able to understand her. Because if she really said it’s safer to speak in yiddish so she doesn't get pummeled with comments, I take that to mean she is not interested in non-yiddish speaking followers, she must not value our subscriptions.

She spoke in Yiddish because she doesn't want non jews that may be viewing her stories, to understand what she said.
She most likely values all of her followers, as she does generally speak only in English.

amother
  Caramel

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:43 am
I didn’t hear anything she said but it sounds like she didn’t want her cleaning lady or her cleaning lady’s friends to listen and I think that’s fine.

SuperWify  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:43 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I understood that she spoke in yiddish because she doesn't want any non jews that may be listening, to understand it.

But that’s dangerous in today’s world. As I’ve said upthread anything can be translated in seconds nowadays.

I don’t understand Yiddish so exactly what she said TBH.

amother
  Amaryllis  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:47 am
SuperWify wrote:
But that’s dangerous in today’s world. As I’ve said upthread anything can be translated in seconds nowadays.

I don’t understand Yiddish so exactly what she said TBH.

She really didn't say anything outrageous at all. But people love to bash other people & misinterpreted everything they hear (as we see on this thread as well). She has right to protect herself from negative people.

amother
  Azure  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:48 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
She spoke in Yiddish because she doesn't want non jews that may be viewing her stories, to understand what she said.
She most likely values all of her followers, as she does generally speak only in English.

Back to what I said before. Internet litmus test - only post what you want to be plastered in Times Square. Considering she was going off about how IG is not the same place as it used to be, she should have just not said whatever it was that she said. She was doing an AMA or something like that and the question about cleaning ladies was one of them - she should have just not answered it. She was saying how she misses the wholesome atmosphere IG used to have - and then she did this. She wanted wholesome? Then she should do wholesome.

amother
  Azure  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:50 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
She really didn't say anything outrageous at all. But people love to bash other people & misinterpreted everything they hear (as we see on this thread as well). She has right to protect herself from negative people.

Of course she does! And she should do it by not even getting started in this kind of thing. Why did she even go there? Protect herself by skipping anything that is controversial. Which she knew this would be, hence the yiddish.

amother
Jade  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:20 am
So much hate going on here....woof!

amother
  Jade

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:26 am
Hate on me all you want, but some ppl here are more concerned about their non Jewish counterparts then those of their own breed....I'm all for being anti Racist but jumping on a fellow jew and blowing everything she said completely out of proportion is Racism against your own Race...

amother
  Amaryllis  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:38 am
amother Jade wrote:
Hate on me all you want, but some ppl here are more concerned about their non Jewish counterparts then those of their own breed....I'm all for being anti Racist but jumping on a fellow jew and blowing everything she said completely out of proportion is Racism against your own Race...

Exactly. People on here love to hate on other jews. ESPECIALLY on jews that are successful and famous. Classic jealousy.

amother
  Azure

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:52 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Exactly. People on here love to hate on other jews. ESPECIALLY on jews that are successful and famous. Classic jealousy.

Really? I'm so sad you see that. I see myself feeling left out to the point that its upsetting me (so yes I unfollow) because I enjoy her content and don't like missing it!

amother
  Holly

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:57 am
amother Azure wrote:
Really? I'm so sad you see that. I see myself feeling left out to the point that its upsetting me (so yes I unfollow) because I enjoy her content and don't like missing it!

Same. It's not nice to speak a language intentionally so other people won't understand on purpose.

Hamayvin Yavin

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:24 pm
Lets Talk wrote:
She didn’t say her cleaning lady yells at her!

The actual phrasing was “they yell at you” if you want to nitpick.

amother
  Violet

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Raizy absolutely doesn’t stand and lecture on these topics at all. Are you blind?? She’s just bringing her audience these EXPERTS in these areas such as marriage and chinuch.
What’s so hard to understand? I don’t get why people have an issue?

She literally has an AMA right now we’re ppl are asking and she is giving her own important life advise.

Nothing wrong with that.

But it isn’t only interviews.

crust  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:56 pm
Don't be cowards.
If you find her offensive snobby or whatever just message her on IG.

Don't like that she lectures? Don't follow.

Why does this have to be discussed and aired in a public place? What did she do to you personally that she deserves this bashing?!

Its really not nice to come on Ima and say your piece anonymously bsoch anonymously.

Even if you say it with your screen names you're still very much anonymous.

I don't even know why I care enough to post about this.
Maybe I'm getting old. Who knows.

But it really bothers me that a fellow yid that hasn't done anything harmful to any of you should get this treatment on a Jewish site.

I don't have her app so never watched anything but a few of my friends were interviewed by her so I got to hear about her (not the interview) on a more personal level.

She's a good person. She has good easy recipes and ideas.
(And I don't even own her cookbook yet! Just took recipes from others that have it and saw her recipe book when I was a guest in someones house. So cute!! Sorry Raizy. I know this I know it isn't fair. Iyh I hope to buy it soon.)

I appreciate her for bringing her talent to us.

Whats so hard to fargin a fellow yid?

Come on ladies.

Last edited by crust on Thu, Sep 05 2024, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics