Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Upset at my high school teen daughter
Previous  1  2

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Yesterday at 9:37 pm
Write her a note back. She's handling this better than many adults do. How many fully grown women throw out obnoxious comments like that when they're frustrated and can't bring themselves to apologize?
You raised your daughter well. She's mature, she takes ownership, she found a way to do something that is so deeply uncomfortable.
Write her a note back that you appreciate her apology, you understand she must have been frustrated and you hope that you'll be able to coordinate picking up the dress before YT. And give her a hug, you both deserve it.

amother
Hunter

Post Yesterday at 10:17 pm
I agree with previous poster who said to write a note back. That’s what I would do. She sounds like a great kid who is usually respectful but just had a moment, and she realizes her mistake and did the right thing by apologizing. I definitely wouldn’t punish her. I would write a note back saying thank you for the apology note, that it was very appreciated and that you love her and are proud of her for writing it etc…

amother
Floralwhite

Post Today at 12:49 am
A teenager should be cleaning her own room.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children