Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Starting Zepbound (Mounjaro) today!

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 2:50 pm
I am starting Zepbound (the weight loss version of Mounjaro) today. Starting with the lowest dose, which my doctor says doesn’t do anything in terms of weight loss - it’s just to get the body used to it. I am terrified and excited. This is my last hope!
I’ll bli neder post progress each week..hope there is what to post…and my experiences if it can help someone else.

Height - 5 feet

Week 1: starting at 193 lb

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 2:54 pm
Much much hatzlacha!!

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 2:55 pm
Good luck !

amother
Banana  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 3:20 pm
Tremendous hatzlacha. Did you buy the vials? Also do you take oral contraceptives and what are you doing about that?

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 6:06 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Tremendous hatzlacha. Did you buy the vials? Also do you take oral contraceptives and what are you doing about that?

I got the vials cuz they’re $399 straight from Lilly instead of $650 with a coupon at my local pharmacy. Unfortunately my insurance doesn’t cover weight loss drugs and I don’t have diabetes.
I took the shot!!
I do take oral contraceptives and I am a bit nervous. You have to use a backup method for the first four weeks after starting and for four weeks after every dose change. So that’s what I’m doing. I hope it’ll be okay.

amother
Aqua  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 3:52 pm
I'm so jealous. My Dr said he can't give it to me as it's not approved for type 1 diabetes here in the UK.
Hope you lose lots of weight! I'm going to have to do it the hard old fashioned way Rolling Eyes

amother
  Banana  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:42 pm
Okay. So how was giving yourself a shot from the vial? Were the instructions easy to follow? Also please let us know if you end up having breakthrough bleeding - that’s what I am personally concerned about. I just went through a year of irregularity and could not go through it again.

Many of my friends and neighbors are doing amazingly on Mounjaro/Zepbound so I hope the same for you.

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 9:10 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Okay. So how was giving yourself a shot from the vial? Were the instructions easy to follow? Also please let us know if you end up having breakthrough bleeding - that’s what I am personally concerned about. I just went through a year of irregularity and could not go through it again.

Many of my friends and neighbors are doing amazingly on Mounjaro/Zepbound so I hope the same for you.

The instructions were pretty clear on the Lilly website. I think I did okay. I took a few extra minutes to make sure I got it right.
The injection itself barely hurt. I’ve had to give myself insulin shots during a pregnancy several years ago, due to gestational diabetes, and this was pretty similar.

So far I don’t feel any different except for some constipation which might have been going on anyway. I AM nervous about getting severely constipated, though, so I do need to watch that.

Should I worry about breakthrough bleeding? Did your friends have that? I take a combination pill back to back and usually get some breakthrough bleeding after 4-5 months at a time in it, which signals to me that my body needs a break. Then I stop it for a few days to get a period, and then resume taking it. This pill bH works well for me and I rarely have had breakthrough bleeding unless, like I said, I’ve been on it too long and my body needs a break.

amother
Buttercup  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 9:44 pm
Are you on birth control pills?

amother
  Buttercup

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 9:45 pm
Saw previous replies. Yes can make birth control not effective for contraception

amother
  Banana

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:31 am
Also I have another minor comment for you. Assuming that the side effects are strongest in the day of the shot and the following day, then maybe you should switch your shot day to Wednesday? There’s a Halacha about boarding a ship that we don’t board less than 3 days before Shabbos so that we are not seasick on Shabbos. So here, maybe it would be nicer and more appropriate to not be sick on Shabbos. (Considering that these medicines are meant to be taken for the long term).

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:14 am
amother Banana wrote:
Also I have another minor comment for you. Assuming that the side effects are strongest in the day of the shot and the following day, then maybe you should switch your shot day to Wednesday? There’s a Halacha about boarding a ship that we don’t board less than 3 days before Shabbos so that we are not seasick on Shabbos. So here, maybe it would be nicer and more appropriate to not be sick on Shabbos. (Considering that these medicines are meant to be taken for the long term).

That’s very nice but unfortunately I can’t afford to take off work Wednesday-Friday. Anyway bH I didn’t have side effects so far.

amother
Brown  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I am starting Zepbound (the weight loss version of Mounjaro) today. Starting with the lowest dose, which my doctor says doesn’t do anything in terms of weight loss - it’s just to get the body used to it. I am terrified and excited. This is my last hope!
I’ll bli neder post progress each week..hope there is what to post…and my experiences if it can help someone else.

Height - 5 feet

Week 1: starting at 193 lb

Good for you, hatzlocho!

Started 4 months ago, started at 200lbs, now 170lbs.

Best thing I've ever done, been so easy, no side effects at all.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:44 am
amother Brown wrote:
Good for you, hatzlocho!

Started 4 months ago, started at 200lbs, now 170lbs.

Best thing I've ever done, been so easy, no side effects at all.

Wow!! Thank you for the inspiration!! I hope it keeps up! (Did you lose the first month on 2.5?)

amother
  Brown

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:50 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow!! Thank you for the inspiration!! I hope it keeps up! (Did you lose the first month on 2.5?)

Yes, I lost well on the first 2 doses. I stayed on the 3rd dose for too long-thought it would be cheaper to stay on the lower dose, but I didn't lose that month. Went up 2 weeks ago and BH started losing again.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 4:08 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I'm so jealous. My Dr said he can't give it to me as it's not approved for type 1 diabetes here in the UK.
Hope you lose lots of weight! I'm going to have to do it the hard old fashioned way Rolling Eyes

You can get weight loss drugs in the UK quite easily from many websites. You have to pay but its way cheaper than the US. I just ordered mounjaro from https://www.medexpress.co.uk/ for about £130 (found a discount code online, otherwise it was a bit more)

You just need to tell them your weight, height, GP name (pretty sure they don't contact them though). They ask for a full length picture and ID to make sure you really need it.

amother
  Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Pear wrote:
You can get weight loss drugs in the UK quite easily from many websites. You have to pay but its way cheaper than the US. I just ordered mounjaro from https://www.medexpress.co.uk/ for about £130 (found a discount code online, otherwise it was a bit more)

You just need to tell them your weight, height, GP name (pretty sure they don't contact them though). They ask for a full length picture and ID to make sure you really need it.

Thanks , I know but £130 a month is too much for me at the moment, plus my diabetes consultant said I shouldn't get it privately, he doesn't think it's safe for me to take. But so many type 1 diabetics in America have and they're fine 🤷‍♀️

I've lost 6 pounds now over 3 weeks so I'll just have to keep up with what I'm doing, and try my best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise