Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I’m not asking for anything fancy- a prayer

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 10:37 pm
Hashem, you promised to take care of and sustain every single human being.
I’m not asking for anything fancy. I’m just asking for comfortable shoes that don’t have holes in them. I’m not asking for jewelry. I’m asking for a second set of clothes for yom tov so when the 3 days come at least I’ll have something to change to if it gets dirty/smelly. I’m not asking for a a new home. Just asking for money to pay the electric bill so we can run the AC when it’s hot. I’m not asking for anything fancy, just asking for another set of exercise clothing (basic top and leggings), so I don’t have to wash every day and wear the one with holes. I’m not asking for a new couch, just asking for another bra that fits well so I don’t have to wear a wet or smelly one every day. I’m not asking for aesthetic repairs to my house, just to fix the roof and to deal with the mold in the basement. I’m not asking for anything fancy, Just asking for enough to buy healthy food. I’m not asking for steaks or for expensive fish, just enough money to sustain my family (clothes and shoes and food and needs for my kids).

Please Hashem why is it so hard for me? I’m so burn out already. But I keep turning to You because You are the only place I have to go.
One day I will understand why I had to struggle so.

I just wish it was easier today.

Can anyone relate?

#BestBubby

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 10:51 pm
Hashem, please give OP ample parnossah b'korov.

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 11:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hashem, you promised to take care of and sustain every single human being.
I’m not asking for anything fancy. I’m just asking for comfortable shoes that don’t have holes in them. I’m not asking for jewelry. I’m asking for a second set of clothes for yom tov so when the 3 days come at least I’ll have something to change to if it gets dirty/smelly. I’m not asking for a a new home. Just asking for money to pay the electric bill so we can run the AC when it’s hot. I’m not asking for anything fancy, just asking for another set of exercise clothing (basic top and leggings), so I don’t have to wash every day and wear the one with holes. I’m not asking for a new couch, just asking for another bra that fits well so I don’t have to wear a wet or smelly one every day. I’m not asking for aesthetic repairs to my house, just to fix the roof and to deal with the mold in the basement. I’m not asking for anything fancy, Just asking for enough to buy healthy food. I’m not asking for steaks or for expensive fish, just enough money to sustain my family (clothes and shoes and food and needs for my kids).

Please Hashem why is it so hard for me? I’m so burn out already. But I keep turning to You because You are the only place I have to go.
One day I will understand why I had to struggle so.

I just wish it was easier today.

Can anyone relate?

Oh, yes! And this is a new place for us. It's scary to feel stressed when a kid says, oh ma we need more cornflakes. I just keep reminding myself that thus is from Hashem. It's a nisayon and He wants to hear my voice in tefila. May we see visible bracha!!

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 11:36 pm
Please Hashem, help this OP and everyone else who is struggling!

Op, do you feel comfortable posting size/location? Maybe some imas can assist with the clothing

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 11:43 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
Please Hashem, help this OP and everyone else who is struggling!

Op, do you feel comfortable posting size/location? Maybe some imas can assist with the clothing

For my kids I already posted in a different thread about hand me downs.

Amen to your tefilla, please Hashem

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 2:33 am
Op.
Daven for me and I will daven for you?
BH for tomchei Shabbos.
And a low cost gemach store so at least one kid has something. I managed to find on Shein for another. Not stylish but tzniyus and about $10 so I managed to swing it. Kids grow and it isn't "we have to get something new for YT" but more like "you need something that covers your knees".
A new bra would be nice. Mine don't fit and hurt. A shirt that isn't ripped (my decent one ripped today and I wanted to cry!)

Hashem knows who you are davening for. No names needed for the One Who Can Do All.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 3:01 am
Amen amen amen! What keeps me going is this thought. If HaShem wants, he can put thirty billion dollars in my bank account now. Nothings too hard for him to do. Obviously, this is where he wants me now. Why? I don’t know. It’s murder. So so hard. But nothings too difficult for Him to change in the blink of an eyes. Literally what keeps me going.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 6:46 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Op.
Daven for me and I will daven for you?
BH for tomchei Shabbos.
And a low cost gemach store so at least one kid has something. I managed to find on Shein for another. Not stylish but tzniyus and about $10 so I managed to swing it. Kids grow and it isn't "we have to get something new for YT" but more like "you need something that covers your knees".
A new bra would be nice. Mine don't fit and hurt. A shirt that isn't ripped (my decent one ripped today and I wanted to cry!)

Hashem knows who you are davening for. No names needed for the One Who Can Do All.

Yes! You’ll be in my prayers. I hope it gets easier for you very soon

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 6:46 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
Amen amen amen! What keeps me going is this thought. If HaShem wants, he can put thirty billion dollars in my bank account now. Nothings too hard for him to do. Obviously, this is where he wants me now. Why? I don’t know. It’s murder. So so hard. But nothings too difficult for Him to change in the blink of an eyes. Literally what keeps me going.

Yes me too

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:23 am
Im in the same boat. I really understand you OP.
Not asking for fancy undergarments just more than one so I don't have to stay up late to wash the ones I have from long ago.
Not asking for a fancy car but a car that I wont be afraid to drive somewhere and not panic that it wont break down.
Not asking for fancy couches but couches that the springs aren't broken and people don't fall to the floor when sitting.
Shoes without holes so I don't feel the rocks when I am walking outside.
Kitchen cabinets that don't hurt me when I close them.
The list goes on.

Not sure why Hashem put me in this position but I try not to question. There is a reason for my suffering.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:30 am
I know what you mean I can handle my old clothes but how long can I push off my high school daughters that are begging to go shopping for winter/Yom tov clothing?

How can I serve chicken and not meat on yom tov when my boys are expecting meat?

How can I pay tuition and mortgage when I need to pay the electric and gas bills?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:34 am
Can 100% relate

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 2:53 pm
And now I just lost power/ because I couldn’t pay bill. I just put it on credit card and waiting on hold for over an hour to speak to them to reconnect.
Why is this ok Hashem? Why?? It’s so hard. Feels so unfair.
I thought I was working on my Emunah. I still am working on it. I believe this is for the best but how can it be?

amother
Hosta  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 3:14 pm
Please everyone speak to your local rabbi or rebbitzion to give you vouchers
Check what government funding you can get
Worth earning less to be able to get the funding
Tell the school at the moment you need to pay less
It's ok to tell your boys we are only having chicken or mince meat coz at the moment we are on a budget sorry just because they are boys dosent keen you have to give them what you can't afford
It's ok to go to the clothes gemach to get clothes most clothes have tags on for pennies if your kids are embarrassed buy them take home and return and get a credit note or buy something else
Wishing you all hatzlacha

amother
  Hosta

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 3:17 pm
Please everyone speak to your local rabbi or rebbitzion to give you vouchers
Check what government funding you can get
Worth earning less to be able to get the funding
Tell the school at the moment you need to pay less
It's ok to tell your boys we are only having chicken or mince meat coz at the moment we are on a budget sorry just because they are boys dosent keen you have to give them what you can't afford
It's ok to go to the clothes gemach to get clothes most clothes have tags on for pennies if your kids are embarrassed buy them take home and return and get a credit note or buy something else
Wishing you all hatzlacha

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 3:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
And now I just lost power/ because I couldn’t pay bill. I just put it on credit card and waiting on hold for over an hour to speak to them to reconnect.
Why is this ok Hashem? Why?? It’s so hard. Feels so unfair.
I thought I was working on my Emunah. I still am working on it. I believe this is for the best but how can it be?

B”H it’s back on. Now the bill is on the cc but at least it’s on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics