Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Is there such a thing as hiring someone to write a book for?

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 9:55 pm
For context I've had a traumatic childhood with a parent who probably had munchauson syndrome or something. She would drag me from therapist to therapist from a young age. Even got me diagnosed with a few mental health problems. Nothing major just adhd add ocd... in a nutshell I was probably "evaluated" about once every six months if not more depending on the year and whatever. I have had numerous experiences with these evaluators some traumatic (like the time the therapist pretended to die of boredom and just closed her eyes) and some humorous (like when they tested me for depression and I chose only the black crayons and hid the other colors in my pocket she pegged me as at risk for suicide and then at the end as I was walking out I told her she should get other colors not just black and brown!) I want to write about my experiences with these "professionals" but I don't really know how to write.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:02 pm
Hugs.. sounds like munchausen by proxy

Yes, it’s called a ghost writer

amother
Nasturtium  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:03 pm
I’m so sorry. Yes, hiring a host writer is quite common. All the celebrities do it.

amother
Emerald  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:13 pm
There's something called narrative therapy for trauma. I wonder if that would be helpful for you.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:53 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
There's something called narrative therapy for trauma. I wonder if that would be helpful for you.
what's that mean? Because one of the reasons I want to do this is because I feel like it would be beneficial for me to get everything out. Over the years I've learned to keep things bottled up to the point I can't trust therapists at all. But I also want to publish it because I feel like it would be an eye opener for some of these professionals. Like you can't just test people without taking things into context. Like the coloring test I was 9 at the time and wasn't so interested in coloring not because I have adhd and can't sit still but just because I didn't like crayons rather preferred markers. But that wasn't one of the options in the test result book the woman had. just straight up adhd and or some other hyper type disorder that I was never diagnosed with which is why I quickly started coloring. I couldn't risk my mom hearing about this new one. But I still wonder about that what would have happened if a girl told her she didn't want to color from my experience I know the evaluator would have written in her report that the kid had adhd when in reality all that was really the issue was that she didn't want to color why is that a crime?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:57 pm
Yes, there are writers that do this.
Do you want specifically a jewish writer? I know that Chaya Silber writes people's life stories.

amother
  Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
what's that mean? Because one of the reasons I want to do this is because I feel like it would be beneficial for me to get everything out. Over the years I've learned to keep things bottled up to the point I can't trust therapists at all. But I also want to publish it because I feel like it would be an eye opener for some of these professionals. Like you can't just test people without taking things into context. Like the coloring test I was 9 at the time and wasn't so interested in coloring not because I have adhd and can't sit still but just because I didn't like crayons rather preferred markers. But that wasn't one of the options in the test result book the woman had. just straight up adhd and or some other hyper type disorder that I was never diagnosed with which is why I quickly started coloring. I couldn't risk my mom hearing about this new one. But I still wonder about that what would have happened if a girl told her she didn't want to color from my experience I know the evaluator would have written in her report that the kid had adhd when in reality all that was really the issue was that she didn't want to color why is that a crime?

Narrative therapies about creating a coherent narrative out of your story. Through all the details through all the themes. You don't have to do it with a therapist. You could do it on a workbook or online course too.

I think those were bad professionals. I think competent professionals know what you know already. That's not how any of this is supposed to be done. But you know there are always people who will find professional to tell them what they want to hear.

And that's another benefit of telling your story. All good books take research. So you'll learn what the ADHD test is supposed to be, and what it actually was, and that can give you more insight into what really happened. (Hint- nowhere on the standard ADHD evaluation, are you required to color. I'm not doubting your story – I'm explaining why doing the research involved in writing could be beneficial for you.)

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:14 pm
Look into “write your way home” by Yocheved someone. (Maybe Perlman?)

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:24 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Look into “write your way home” by Yocheved someone. (Maybe Perlman?)

Rottenberg. https://www.writeyourwayhome.com/about

amother
  Nasturtium

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:37 pm
I think writing and publishing your story could be very helpful. I felt similarly when I was younger and suicidal. Part of the reason I didn’t commit suicide was that I wanted to write my book. I wanted the world to know that this kind of pain existed because it didn’t seem like anyone understood me.

Now, being older, I realize that there are probably others that know the pain I felt…

Anyway, I tried writing the book and definitely made a dent but it was too hard to have that much a distance from everything that happened to craft a beautiful, cohesive, well planned book. So doing it with a ghost writer is a great idea.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:46 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Narrative therapies about creating a coherent narrative out of your story. Through all the details through all the themes. You don't have to do it with a therapist. You could do it on a workbook or online course too.

I think those were bad professionals. I think competent professionals know what you know already. That's not how any of this is supposed to be done. But you know there are always people who will find professional to tell them what they want to hear.

And that's another benefit of telling your story. All good books take research. So you'll learn what the ADHD test is supposed to be, and what it actually was, and that can give you more insight into what really happened. (Hint- nowhere on the standard ADHD evaluation, are you required to color. I'm not doubting your story – I'm explaining why doing the research involved in writing could be beneficial for you.)

I agree that some of them were bad. Hey there were a nice amount who were downright crooked. But allot were just doing their job. And no it was not an evaluation for adhd that was a suggestion to the therapist to recommend taking the child to a psychiatrist to see if the child has adhd. The crazy part is though that while that sounds innocent enough. The psychiatrist will generally prescribe something based on the evaluation report.
Both of them are innocent but just not aware.

Raizle

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 8:20 pm
amother OP wrote:

You were 9 when you played the trick with hiding the coloured crayons??
You sound like you were a quick witted smart little cookie at that age. I know this is a serious topic but I found your description entertaining.

You should definately write it or have it written. Not that serious topics should be entertaining but sometimes it's a good keli to get information across.

But the way, what you are describing would be Munchausen by proxy. On its own Munchausen would be doing it to oneself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club