Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Double dishwasher

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 10:58 am
Does anyone have a Cafe double dishwasher and can recommend or not? Reviews in general for double dishwashers are very mix but I keep thinking about the idea that I can use for weekday milichig and fleishig so I’m torn. Other option would be to just get a regular ge cafe dishwasher and just have for fleishig.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 7:45 pm
We do. It is amazing....when all is working well. I can fit in a weekday's worth of either fleishigs or milchigs, and a good amount of shabbos dishes. Our rav also poskened that we can put the glasses from Shabbos in the milchigs dishwasher, which helps also. BUT it is not engineered well. When we had a problem one week after our one-year warranty ran out (the top had a small leak that caused it to seal shut) our regular appliance guy told us he would not touch that dishwasher, we had to call GE. And it turns out that even simple repairs require 2 repairmen and would cost $800. Instead of repairing we ended up replacing and getting an extended warranty. So now I am covered with all labor/parts for the next 5 years and it was not that much more expensive than doing the repair out of pocket. But yes, they are notorious for having such problems. And yes, I still chose to get the same one because I love it so much. Just be warned about getting an extended warranty!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics