Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Epiphany Parents were not interested in "looking"every time
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 6:52 pm
I jumped.
Ds 4 is spinning and I need to see.
Im so tired! Can I have him take a video and I'll look at it later?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:09 pm
Now in English.

Genius  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:13 pm
I think half the story was left in your brain. Try to write in full sentences. It will be helpful to understand what the epiphany is.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:14 pm
Did your kid take your phone and write this?

amother
NeonPink  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:16 pm
Genius wrote:
I think half the story was left in your brain. Try to write in full sentences. It will be helpful to understand what the epiphany is.

I think she's trying to say that now that her kid wants her to look at something (that he thinks is) exciting, she realizes that all the times she wanted her parents to look, it wasn't that exciting either!

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:17 pm
My attempt at translation:

OP had an epiphany. One of the things that has long caused her to feel abandoned by her parents is that they were not interested in looking at her accomplishments.

The epiphany shocked her.

But now, her 4yo son is spinning and wants her to look, but she is either unable to right now or not home.

Would it cause the same issues to her son if she has a video taken and watches it later? Or will he still feel that she is not interested in his new skill?

violet1

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:18 pm
I think she meant that her kid is constantly telling her her "look! look!". And it's exhausting to watch the same thing 45 times.
She wants to give him the phone to document whatever momentous act he is displaying so she can watch it later (or not).

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:19 pm
Please translate this.

Genius  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:23 pm
Based on the responses here this would be a great exercise in critical thinking, deciphering and imagination in class. Bonus points for asking the right questions to get to the root of the actual story.
You’re welcome teachers all over the planet.

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:00 pm
I think OP is having a good laugh at everyone trying to decipher her morse code. If she needs help, she will come back and explain what she needs/wants.

amother
  NeonPink  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:09 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
I think she's trying to say that now that her kid wants her to look at something (that he thinks is) exciting, she realizes that all the times she wanted her parents to look, it wasn't that exciting either!

I think my translation is the correct answer!

You know, you call your Mom to show her something amazing, and she outs on such a great act that you really think she loves it.

Until your kids expect the same from you...then u have the epiphany!

nicole81

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:11 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
I think my translation is the correct answer!

You know, you call your Mom to show her something amazing, and she outs on such a great act that you really think she loves it.

Until your kids expect the same from you...then u have the epiphany!

I agree with you.

amother
  NeonPink  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:19 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I agree with you.

Let's wait with bated breath!!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:36 pm
My son loves showing me his stuff he made and I love looking at it and making him feel amazing about it. Even if I can’t figure out what’s great about it.

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:20 pm
I find myself asking my child , Can I stop looking now? Most of the time I’m not even sure exactly what I’m supposed to be looking at.

NechaMom  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I jumped when I was four. I yelled to mommy "look" sometimes she did, sometimes she did not.
Ds 4 is spinning and I need to see. Or so he thinks.
Im so! Disinterested, preoccupied, busy, dizzy. Can I have him take a video and I'll look at it later? Or will he need therapy when he'll be 44 because I didn't watch him spin when he was 4?
I'm having an epiphany. When I jumped and yelled "look" and my mom didn't, she was also human. I can stop my therapy now. Now I'll continue serving dinner and let all my imamother friends enjoy my epiphany in code. Let them wrack their brains. "Look!"

I filled in some missing words. You're welcome!

giselle

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:29 pm
Feeling nostalgic for those days… don’t blink because they’ll be all grown up before you know it! Btw, this is in no way an attempt at mom guilt! I’m sure you’re a great mom. And those moments can be so draining. And then you long for them once again.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:16 am
I don't think it has anything to do with the OP's mother growing up.

Just that when kids want you to see something and you're busy, you can give them your phone to video it.

I would recommend closing imamother before doing so, OP.

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:57 am
"I jumped" is the end of the sentence in the title. The only thing unclear to me is what "I'm so!" means, but probably something like NechaMom wrote

NechaMom  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:03 pm
imanotmommy wrote:
"I jumped" is the end of the sentence in the title. The only thing unclear to me is what "I'm so!" means, but probably something like NechaMom wrote

Hey you get points for being the first to figure out that I jumped was just part of the title.
So we're only missing one word. I'm so____!
Not so bad.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics