Sahm/camp mommy  
 5%  [ 10 ]
Work remotely  
 4%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 168

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 5:14 pm
If you don't have a year round summer job (like if you work in a school) do you work in the summer? If you don't work and don't go away from the summer, how do you spend your time?
If you have a separate summer job, what is it that you do?

amother
Oak  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 5:18 pm
Part time summer job (1/2summer) in a camp. Other than that I do camp mommy.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 5:58 pm
My regular job is full time, 40 hours a week. No summer break but I do try to take off a week when the kids have off of camp.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:01 pm
I work in a school but I work in the summer...🤷‍♀️

amother
Firethorn  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:11 pm
I’m a teacher. In the summer I either work in camp so my kids can go or keep them home and do camp mommy- depending on the ages any given year.

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:47 pm
yes same job as whole year which is very part time

CPenzias

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:49 pm
I'm a teacher. This is year 6 working in camp so my kid can go for free. I get paid a little bit too. 🤪
She has this summer and next summer and then she ages out. She's convinced that she wants to work in camp but I'm not sure if I'll go back to work if she isn't going... maybe I'll be lazy and do nothing (probably not) maybe I'll work summer school

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:50 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
yes same job as whole year which is very part time

same

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:05 pm
I have a regular full-time, year round job in the real world and I get very resentful when sahms and teacher moms ask me casually "So what are you doing this summer?" assuming I have summers off because they do. I'll be working for a living, like MOST people.

amother
  Firethorn

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:24 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I have a regular full-time, year round job in the real world and I get very resentful when sahms and teacher moms ask me casually "So what are you doing this summer?" assuming I have summers off because they do. I'll be working for a living, like MOST people.

Teacher moms work for a living too, and have to scramble for a summer job or figure out how to entertain their children all summer on pennies

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:30 pm
A lot of the teachers I know work in camps over the summer. I can only imagine how exhausting the camp jobs are.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:31 pm
I don't work in the summer but my kids all stay home with me. So it evens out.

amother
  Oak

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:32 pm

And I can't afford camp for my kids so can either work in a camp (which is exhausting) and get free camp for my kids or else stay home with all my kids all summer (which is also exhausting). The grass isnt always greener.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
I don't work in the summer but my kids all stay home with me. So it evens out.

Same here

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:34 pm

Wow you do sound very resentful. Teachers work for a living too. No need to be so snarky and bitter about it. If you’re jealous go be a teacher. You won’t have to “work for a living”and you’ll have summers off.

mamabird73

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:36 pm
I'm a teacher during the school year and run a backyard camp during the summer.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 11:48 pm
Most people, who are not teachers, just continue wotking, in the summer.
Not really sure what your question is.
I work in childcare, in israel. We get about 2 weeks off at the end of the summer. But any other job ive ever had, just went straight through. Like most people.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 12:35 am
I teach during the year (not in the frum community so decent salary BH) but I work very, very hard. I work in camp in the summer and I work very, very hard.
Both are rewarding and fulfilling, but for those jealous of teachers…give us a break. I work harder than anyone I know. And we’re still barely making it.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 1:12 am
I grew up going to the country for the summer and no one worked. Many of my cousins complain about how bored they are because they don't work so theyre going away upstate
I can't say I'm not jealous. I work in a full time office job straight thru summer. It really gets me when ppl ask me 'so what you doing for the summer?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics