Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
  Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 65  66  67  Next

amother
  Copper  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:48 pm
I’m curious, are all schools not doing this? Why doesn’t each school arrange just for their school so that everyone gets and they won’t run out?

mfhr  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:50 pm
Try Bosh melech they also had the weekly boxes

amother
  Azure  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I’m curious, are all schools not doing this? Why doesn’t each school arrange just for their school so that everyone gets and they won’t run out?

Some people don't live that close to their kids school and would rather go to a different school that is nearby to get lunches.
And most families have kids in more than one school.

mlc  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:59 pm
mfhr wrote:
Try Bosh melech they also had the weekly boxes

Yes, As per LNN, Bnos Melech has at 2:00

amother
  Copper  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Some people don't live that close to their kids school and would rather go to a different school that is nearby to get lunches.
And most families have kids in more than one school.

I hear that but I think it would make the most sense for each school to give weekly boxes for their students. And parents will have to drive once a week. Even better why aren’t the bus drivers delivering like they do for public school?

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:07 pm
I hear that but I think it would make the most sense for each school to give weekly boxes for their students. And parents will have to drive once a week. Even better why aren’t the bus drivers delivering like they do for public school?

Schools that have bus drivers on payroll are doing this.
For other schools it doesn’t make financial sense.
But I do agree having a set place you know will have food would be so helpful. Or pre-registration.
The whole thing with the Shabbos box was such a mess.

mfhr  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:08 pm
What's lnn?

amother
  Gray  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:09 pm

In the beginning some did. And antisemites used the opportunity to post pictures of those food busses to ‘prove’ that the jews were violating the orders and kids were having school when all frum schools were totally cancelled Banging head

amother
  Azure  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:10 pm

I guess it would be easier for the schools. Personally, I don't live that close to either my sons' or daughters' elementary school so it works for me. And the HS isn't giving out meals and nobody would give for my 3 yr old.
Easiest to make one trip to a local school and get for the whole family. (And no complaining that we always get worse lunches than a different kid)

amother
  Mint  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
In the beginning some did. And antisemites used the opportunity to post pictures of those food busses to ‘prove’ that the jews were violating the orders and kids were having school when all frum schools were totally cancelled Banging head
. Lots of schools are still delivering if they own their own buses. Mainly chassidish schools, veretzky.

amother
  Forestgreen  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:27 pm
I just received this message from the Lakewood Cheder - it’s a box of food for the week including lots of milk and apple juice, snacks etc - they usually give out food on Sunday but I guess they had leftover

“Lunch pick-up today, Monday 4-5:30, for those who didn't come yesterday & for friends & relatives too - don't have to be a parent. Bring paper with information.”

amother
  Forestgreen  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:28 pm
Did anyone pick up from the Cheder yesterday and knows what was in the box?

amother
  Gray  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Schools that have bus drivers on payroll are doing this.
For other schools it doesn’t make financial sense.
But I do agree having a set place you know will have food would be so helpful. Or pre-registration.
The whole thing with the Shabbos box was such a mess.

Agreed

I wish vendors would just do preregistration.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:44 pm
Went to B’nos Melech. Got there just before 2 was out by 2:20. Each box (for one child) had a packet of pizza snaps, a slice of pizza, 2 pizza bagels, a small bag of potato puffs, a can of tuna, a string cheese, a bag of frozen green beans, an apple juice box, 2 (airline) orange juices, a choc milk, assorted cookies, danishes & granola, 2 fruits, an applesauce and 2 snack bags. They also gave a 1/2 gal milk per child & a shopping bag that had assorted fruit & a bag of baby carrots.

amother
  Gray  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Went to B’nos Melech. Got there just before 2 was out by 2:20. Each box (for one child) had a packet of pizza snaps, a slice of pizza, 2 pizza bagels, a small bag of potato puffs, a can of tuna, a string cheese, a bag of frozen green beans, an apple juice box, 2 (airline) orange juices, a choc milk, assorted cookies, danishes & granola, 2 fruits, an applesauce and 2 snack bags. They also gave a 1/2 gal milk per child & a shopping bag that had assorted fruit & a bag of baby carrots.

Wow! Maybe I should go. Anyone know when its over?
Otherwise will just stick to daily.

keym  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:43 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Did anyone pick up from the Cheder yesterday and knows what was in the box?

Cheder/Bais Faiga had this week: milk, juice, snacks, tomatoes, danishes, pizza bagels, ziti, bread sticks (or maybe pizza sticks), shredded cheese, baguettes, sliced turkey and balogna, knishes

amother
  Cerise  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:05 pm

That’s an excellent question considering that jays bussing is getting their full payment for the rest of the year even though there is no school because he has a contract with board of Ed. Plus a lot of us paid an extra $150 a year per kid to Lsta so there is no reason why busses aren’t delivering lunches if they are getting paid.

amother
  Copper  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
That’s an excellent question considering that jays bussing is getting their full payment for the rest of the year even though there is no school because he has a contract with board of Ed. Plus a lot of us paid an extra $150 a year per kid to Lsta so there is no reason why busses aren’t delivering lunches if they are getting paid.

I don’t even get busing, I just feel like it would make sense for those who do.

amother
  Pewter  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:08 pm
I missed tehilas chaya sarah's weekly box today. (There was none left at 1:30🙁)
Now what? Do they still give out daily (at TCS) for the rest of the week? And what about cheder toras zeev? (What time at each?) I am asking about these specific schools bec they are in the area.

amother
  Copper  

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:11 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I missed tehilas chaya sarah's weekly box today. (There was none left at 1:30🙁)
Now what? Do they still give out daily (at TCS) for the rest of the week? And what about cheder toras zeev? (What time at each?) I am asking about these specific schools bec they are in the area.

No TCS is just weekly.
Page 20 of 67   Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 65  66  67  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries